Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ARMADA AR6's

Poster: A snowHead
With Amplid UK not being forthcoming with a test pair of anti-dogma's, I am now looking elsewhere, namely AR6's in 176cm (major frustration after good initial feedback).

Anyone know a dealer selling them yet????? also, anyone tried them, or know where I can try them????

Cheers

A
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know http://www.filarinskis.co.uk stocked the ar5 last year. Do u not have enough pairs of twins yet Shocked snowHead . I think you may aws well wait untill you're in a resort this year. Bring one pair of skis with you in a double bag and bring you're new toys in the new bag on the way back. I think you should check out the scott p3 as well. snowHead . I hear this years tanner hall is super stiff and more versatile than last years. So if you have a habit of throwing mistys and corked 5s maybe you could handle them. Have you thought about the 4frnt stls ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just had a look http://www.freeze-scotland.co.uk have em and the tanner halls and the stls, p3s, arv and fujative.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Edmundh009, thanks for the info.

Can you ever have enough pairs of skis????

I would get them in resort but alas no bag space as my cute other half is taking her twins too, although may be able to commandeer Jarvski's space in his bag lol

A
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.facewest.co.uk have movement joysticks in a 176 for £200 if you fancy something a bit different.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hmmm, would do if they weren't snot green - they have to look nice as well as function right lol - i know i know fashion victim lol

A
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
adam_button, Have a friend that has a pair here in Cham, Do you want the shop and his name, you can deal with him direct?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That would be cool, thanks for that!

A
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
His name, Giles, Alpineland Chamonix. 0033450530808. He's ya man for all that is Freestyle/Armada. A great contact. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski Bartlett might do Armada, I dont know. I got my Scotts from them 02088480040
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks to all that gave places that do Armada - have sucessfully purchased at a gret price

Thanks to neil at www.freeze-scotland.co.uk got a cracking dreal on AR6's, AR6 poles and Look PX12 Jib binding, top notch!

A
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adam_button, Is that just a PX12 or a PX12 Jib? Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very funny - they're both the same Happy

When are you over at Lockwoods BTW? jarvski is still moaning about his boots they sold him being too big

A
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
adam_button, Who's jarvski and does he have an appointment? Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How much did you end up paying Adam, if I may be so bold to ask? And did you get Mr T or David Bowie Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you first as Neil is the man to talk to on price (he says with a wry smile)

Jarvski is Tom jarvis, long friend and fellow jibber, well trainee, who got a pair of Salomon X-Wave 8's back at the start of the year

A
ski holidays
SZK, I PM'd you a while back and had a chat about the boots. You suggested I spoke to CEM, which I did yesterday. Happy to take this to PM rather than to hijack this thread.
snow report
Yeah, gerrof my thread!

A
snow report
I thought the jib binding had the added advantage of the cool green accents. Cool Cool That will give you the steezy look you have been after Laughing lol
ski holidays
What the heckery is Steezy????

Inbreds lol

A
ski holidays
Anyhew, I'm not a snow-bored-er, so I'm a jibber or a park rat if you dont mind!

Steezy, pah!

A
latest report
Hi Adam and all you other dudes, hope you dont mind me jumping in. Adam told me there was some AR6 chat on this forum and I fancied getting myself a piece of the action.

The PX 12 Jib is the same basic binding but has cool graphics, a soft and Green shock abosrbing pad under it and importantly, wider brakes.

By the way I hear it is snowing in colorado, fingers crossed for an awesome year!

0131 228 2355. www.freeze-scotland.com
ski holidays
Neil_ski, I have it on good authority that at least 1 resort in Colorado will be open from this weekend!
snow report
Hey Neil,

Apparently there was 1 not known resort open 22nd Sept, according to Armada!

A farmer friend has long rance forecasts and its going to be a cold winter according to him.

Lets hope thats a good indication for lots of snow Happy

How did you get on with mounting the PX12's?

A
ski holidays
Loveland and Arapahoe Basin to open next week!

A
snow report
I dont know whether I'd consider myself a jibber. I just seem to end up in the park when conditions are less than favourable. Really trying to impove on my riding switch so I can control my zero spins better. I like to spend some time on easy rails and boxes. I am spending a season in Canada this year so plan on impoving my park skills.
I have k2 seth vicious 179 (mounted +4, going to get em remounted at core).
Scott p3 178 (mounted 2cm forward of core).

I am 5'10" and 150lbs, I'm 22. I wonder Adam, why you didnt go with the 181cm Armada ar6. Alot of jibbers are on http://www.newschoolers.com but I think most of them are 15 years old. There is the odd thread on there that interests me though, especially when comparing park skis.

I think a ski resort called Brighton was first to open, but they closed straight after, publicity stunt really. wink
ski holidays
adam_button wrote:
Anyhew, I'm not a snow-bored-er, so I'm a jibber or a park rat if you dont mind!

Steezy, pah!

A

Dude, how can you be a "jibber" or a "park rat" if you don't have any steeze? If you're not tweaking your shizzle you don't belong in the park.
ski holidays
adam_button, your written English is far to good to be a proper jibber - consult newschoolers to pick up the proper lingo wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Woops guess I posted in the wrong topic.
snow report
Just doing them now mate, should be easy as i have now got a btter Jig (for everyone who now thinks I am a spaz it is a bit harder than normal as we are trying to optimize them for 2 pairs of differenet boots)

Will keep you posted and they should still be with you tomorrow!
snow conditions
WOOHOO! AR6's rock!

whats different from last year?

Well, up on the AR5's - theya re a bit stiffer, lots more pop coming off the ramps, edges look wider although it could just be me. They are lighter and the vertical sidewall is better.

That and Mr T graphics kick ass

To say I'm happy would be an understatement!

A
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy