Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Four ski countries are the best in the world to live in

Poster: A snowHead
According to the United Nations, these four countries - each of which has ski mountains - are the best countries in the world to live in: Australia, Canada, Norway and Sweden. And Norway tops the lot.

But which would you choose?

More details of the UN report in this story from Aftenposten.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Australia or Canada

BTW, did you know that both Italians and Germans have a joke about this country name origin?

-The Italian exprorer upon arriving on the North american shores comented: Acca' Nada! (translation: Threre's nothing here) from which Acca' (here) became Ca...
-The German explorer, doing the same : Keiner da? (pronounced a lot similarly to Canada)

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 16-07-04 8:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Canada, but only if I could live in British Columbia obviously.

Its a bit like FIFA world rankings for football though - would any sensible european seriously think USA (8th) was a better place to live than France (16th)? (or to put it another way, any ranking based purely on statistics can never satisfy personal preference)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sweden!! ( but for purely shallow reasons- look at their football team grrrr! Twisted Evil )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Usual problem with stats... the survey is partly based on level of income - but is this disposable income, or gross?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 16-07-04 8:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadle - Helen and I were living in Brussels during Euro 2000. The first game was Belgium v Sweden - Sweden lost. That night we all "consoled" a swede... it was an absolute sea of gorgeousness! Razz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

or to put it another way, any ranking based purely on statistics can never satisfy personal preference

Too true flying squirrel, as much as the likes of Australia, Canada, US etc have much to offer in terms of natural beauty and scenery, the inhabited areas are the epitome of ugly 70's architecture and skyscrapers. Give me a rustic Italian village, Swiss and Austrian alpine or Georgian architecture anyday - IMHO anyway!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hayley t hmmm you sound a little luckier than me. I want London plonked right next to a big mountain range (preferably a London where almost nobody wants to ski).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

preferably a London where almost nobody wants to ski
...and (Zermatt style) no-one drives!
Bicycles with snow-tyres, that's the way.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Bicycles with snow-tyres, that's the way.

I have a slight problem with bicycles and hills. Haven't entirely solved the bicycle/skis problem either...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bicycle/ski problem? Is tha a peddle-powered skidoo?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well obviously while we're landscaping the mountains around the city, we'll tweak the lay of the city itself to make sure that everywhere is downhill from everywhere else - we'll get MC.Escher associates to do the architexture.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark Lehto, use a tandem, and have one pair of skis on each side.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

use a tandem, and have one pair of skis on each side.

skanky - it could make for a painful snow plough otherwise!! Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hayley t, I was thinking of carrying the skis...not wearing them. But yes, that could work, too. snowHead
ski holidays
Never skied any of them but ....

Doesn't Canada have the best ski terrain of them all? How much holiday does a typical Canadian get - if it's 10-14 days like the Yanks then forget it.

Australia, heard the terrain isn't so good or am I thinking of Kiwi Land?

As for Norway and Sweden isn't the beer rather expensive?

Maybe Norways lead has something to do with this .....
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article827597.ece
latest report
skanky wrote:
hayley t, I was thinking of carrying the skis...not wearing them. But yes, that could work, too. snowHead

skanky, in the only ski movie (with a plot) that I have, Aspen Extreme, one scene is on a girl coming home cycling with a kind of ski rack attached to the rear triangle of the bicycle...really like that idea.
Here at the nearest reosrt I constantly see people (especially local race team youngsters and instructor) arriving at the parking driving their Vespas (with the skis tucked in between their legs).
Even saw a guy in the back of an Ape (that's italian for Bee) three wheeler
"pick up" while his friend was driving... next time I'll make sure to snap a pic.
ski holidays
Matteo, please do. We could dedicate a whole thread to the transportation ski... Very Happy
snow conditions
Sweden or Norway....for the outstanding women of course! Mmmm. Snowboarding and Swedish girls. That cannot be beaten.
snow report
Quote:

Haven't entirely solved the bicycle/skis problem either...

look at this.
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/todo/winter/misc.asp#sbikes
You can do so many things in Whistler, which is why Canad gets my vote...

(Please, someone, tidy up my link Embarassed )
snow report
Robbie now that looks fun. Didnt spot a bell on the bike though. Couldnt sell (or rent???) them in the UK...
snow report
It is definitely worth a try. But beware of high speed snowboarders coming around the corner Embarassed Razz Embarassed
snow conditions
I hope you didnt hurt a snowboarder there Robbie. Tsk tsk tsk.
ski holidays
rolling eyes Wink
ski holidays
Mark Lehto, Oh noooooooooo. No cities near the snow please. Horrible places - full of noise, pollution, people, buildings and signifying nothing (to misquote the Bard). Crying or Very sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy