Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kid's clothes

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone suggest a good source for Boy's ski/board jacket, without spending a fortune! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TKmax or ASDA have had some resonable stuff along as it keeps em warm and dry. You dont want to pay too much they grow too fast.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
provenjohn, would you accept second hand and if so what age/height are you after as I might be able to help?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, It's a possibility, Age 12 but thin, doesn't take after me ! Height 152cm
Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Decathlon, when they get their ski gear in. Although there may not be one near you. But they do have very good gear at even better prices Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
provenjohn, Trespass kids stuff is ok and reasonable vfm.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
provenjohn, OK, sorry, we don't have anything that height - my kids are midgets.

Dare2Be is at the cheaper end of the price range. And it always amazes me what you can get on ebay...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, Age 12 and thin is about right for SP and I need to get him some 'new' ski clothing for the coming season. Could you let me know by PM what kit you have and what the going rate would be?

Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CP, No, it was provenjohn's son that was 152 and thin, mine were the midgets. The stuff I have would fit a 6 and a 9 year old. I'm no help - sorry.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, I must learn to read the threads properly Very Happy Looks like I will have to pluck up the courage to go to TKmax in Salisbury - it always seems like a glorified jumble sale to me.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you can be bothered to look you can find some good ski gear at very cheap prices at TKMax.

I havnt personaly bought mine from there but if I had seen the Nike stuff they had in at the time befor I bought my NF pants and Columbia Jacket I would have purchased from there for sure.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

it always seems like a glorified jumble sale to me.

I have never actually bought anything from TK Max as have never been able to find anything rolling eyes
But have been told the trick is to get in the shop early snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.edge2edge.co.uk/index.html were mentioned in another place, they sell (amongst other things) ex-rental clothes so if you're after something cheap that they'll have grown out of next season anyway then they might be worth a try.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
provenjohn, don't know if this will be of any interest?
http://stores.ebay.ie/Sorted-Merchandise-Limited - I haven't used them myself but came across the link doing a search for Decathlon on google. My 6 and 11 year old sons were almost entirely kitted out on Ebay/TK Maxx this year. Saved a small fortune and various bits have now been grown out of so am very glad I didn't pay top prices Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
provenjohn, just remembered this website which I used last year http://www.born2becool.com/Pages/ski_jackets.html

It is a 2 lady business run from home. They were good prices, helpful and efficient.

I've just looked at the site and a good number of items are sold out, so I guess they are waiting for the new seasons stock to come in. I also found that there was stuff that didn't reach the website, so it would be worth ringing them.
ski holidays
provenjohn, are there any factory outlet centres near you? We have Bicester Village which has a Helly Hansen and Tog24 where we've always been able to kit out the kids cheaply with quality gear.
ski holidays
slikedges, Bicester? Isn't there a boot fitters shop near there wink
snow report
H&M often have good value kids ski gear, but you have to get there early in the season. The same is true for some of the outdoor shops like Blacks and Millets. It's a bit late to say this now, but we usually get stuff for our kids in the sales at the end of the previous season - that way, you can get good quality gear H&M prices.

Having said that, I don't think there's anything wrong with H&M's stuff - you just don't get luxuries like breathable fabrics, and the jacket won't last as long in the rough and tumble of the local comprehensive. That's not a problem for skiing, though - the only time I've seen a real on-mountain difference in the performance of different between brands of ski jackets is if it rains or is unusually humid. At 12, your lad might well care more about style than substance and, if you're going to a high resort in mid-season, you might want to let him have his way.
ski holidays
This thread prompted me to have a better look around on the web for kit. Seems to still be early as most sites I have tried only have the remnants of last years sale.

I found This one which is where I bought SP's 2 Dare 2 Be stuff a couple of years ago. It was good value IIRC so I will have to wait a while for the new season stocks to arrive.
snow report
boredsurfin, if there is, I'm not aware of it...though my wife did get some running shoes this morning... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for everyones suggestions, still looking! snowHead
ski holidays
Not jackets, but kids goggles.

Just bought a pair of pink goggles for my kids and these seemed good value. £14.39, 100% UV400 Protection, double layer lens etc.

here
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy