Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ultimate Snowdome?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Located just above Metz,in NE France,is the Snowdome at Amneville-les-Thermes www.snowhall.fr
Whilst the slope angle is nothing to get excited about,this thing is 500(yes 500)mtrs long Shocked When you consider Tamworth is 160,and MK 140(I think)that's a long way.I've not seen this mentioned before on snowHead ,did we miss it?
Summer Bash anyone wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blimey, when are they opening one in Britain???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite right. Why is it Holland has at least 3 of 400-500m, the longest in the world is in Germany at 640m and the UK can't manage more than 200m (of which skiable slope is probably only 170m)?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Has anyone been to any of the Dutch ones? I did hear that there was one next to a Centre Parcs or similar place, and this is probably the only way my family could con me into going to one of those places? MK is certainly way too short.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The reason there isn't one in the UK is because land prices are too high and you'd never get planning permission for it!

Look at the trouble Snoasis is having, and thats in Suffolk where they are crying out for employment opportunities!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
slikedges wrote:
Quite right. Why is it Holland has at least 3 of 400-500m, the longest in the world is in Germany at 640m and the UK can't manage more than 200m (of which skiable slope is probably only 170m)?

Don't get too upset, here in Ireland we dont even have one! We still have to make do with dendix! There were rumours about a year and a half ago that there was a new snow centre/ indoor tropical beach/hotel and golf resort to be built around an abandoned quarry in Newtownmountkennedy, just a few miles south of Dublin to be built, last I heard planning permission had been given, that the locals were putting in their objections etc, but thats the last i ever heard of it.

I'd be curious if anyone on the forums has heard more about it, as I would pay stupid money to get a season pass for snow all year round only 15 minutes from home!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm, looks pretty impressive and the prices look to be a fair bit cheaper than xscape too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mark2010 wrote:
I'd be curious if anyone on the forums has heard more about it, as I would pay stupid money to get a season pass for snow all year round only 15 minutes from home!

Laughing I know the feeling, but the reality is that it's only a seasonal advantage. I virtually don't go to MK over the actual ski season as it's mostly so crowded you get about 6 slides over the hour you've paid £25 for!! Cheaper and more buzz for your buck to do weekends on a real mountain.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been to Landgraf in Holland, it is effectively quite large, long enough to run Europa Cup Mens SL !!!, quite a nice atmosphere, modern nice bar and restaurant etc. I've also been to Bottrop in Germany which is longer still but very claustrophobic (low roof) and built in the middle of a large chemical complex so not the most picturesque of spots. Whilst back in Scottie earlier this spring I dropped by to see Braehead which I thought was quite nice although a little limited in ski area.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The reason we don't have one in the UK is that Xscape is about a marketing concept and making money from retailing and other lets, it's not really about snowsports. If it was you wouldn't waste 10s of million of pounds building a slope on flat land in the middle of a City Retail park! Building a structure to support the weight of snow costs!

A much larger snow slope could be constructed at much less cost by building a simple structure on an existing hill-side. Actually know of a 'perfect' location for a snow dome, and it would be more like a dome than an enlongated fridge, and would offer terrain from the gentlest green to a grade 1 Ice Climb! Cool wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowskisnow wrote:
Located just above Metz,in NE France,is the Snowdome at Amneville-les-Thermes www.snowhall.fr
Whilst the slope angle is nothing to get excited about,this thing is 500(yes 500)mtrs long Shocked When you consider Tamworth is 160,and MK 140(I think)that's a long way.I've not seen this mentioned before on snowHead ,did we miss it?
Summer Bash anyone wink

Didn;t FOxy post a trip report just aftger he moved out there? If not then PG definitely has one over on MySnowSports.conm, may have been by one of the french coaches from his ski club thiking about it
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use the Newcastle-to-Amsterdam ferry and there is one just outside Ijmuiden the port where the ferry docks. Think it is about the size of Xscape. Skied there once just to top up my CV with one more skiing country.

I could try the one in Metz as I always need to stop overnight for the return journey.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt wrote:
snowskisnow wrote:
Summer Bash anyone wink

Didn;t FOxy post a trip report just aftger he moved out there?

Not guilty - I posted a couple of summer reports from local "real" hills. I can see a trip to Metz on the horixon - it's not too far for me... Very Happy (well, when I'm in Strasbourg)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks impressive when you view it from the inside - and at €19.50 per hour as a maximum it is much cheaper than MK too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy