Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

grimentz/zinal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to go with the kids to one of these two for Easter.

I know that there are some real estate owners in the area, but it's not property I'm after, it's advice...

Of the two, does anyone have any opinions on the better ski school for kids (5, 8 and 10 all of whom can ski a bit already) and suitability of the slopes for youngsters to ski around on ? I know you can ski both from either village, but with the youngsters it seems to work better if buses are not compulsory.

thanks

d
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry can't help with that, but you might also want to post that question on mysnowsports.com where there are another couple of people who know that valley well.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
pendodave,

Grimentz and Zinal both have branches of the ESS, Grimentz also has an ESI school.

We haven't actually used any of them yet but we're going to try the ESI at Christmas time for our smaller son, they have a max class size of 6.

In terms of the skiing, I haven't skied at Zinal yet, so can't make a fair comparison but I *think* Grimentz might be better as it has more of a mixture of slopes, ie. possible to ski top to village on blues, whereas Zinal has a more concentrated area of blues at the top of the cable car and reds/blacks above and below that.

ESI Grimentz
http://www.ins-ski.ch

ESS Grimentz
http://www.ess-grimentz.ch/

ESS Zinal
http://www.zinalski.ch
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Also, if you fancy ski in/ski out, there are a number of slopeside residences in Grimentz, but not Zinal.

I'll be there the week before Easter weekend, up to the 7th, maybe see you there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks chaps,

some food for thought, I didn't realise that there was in ESI, so that may tip me Grimentz-wise.

I'm planning on 1st April week providing I can get the leave sorted.

As it happens, I also have a week of off-piste in Grimentz with the Eagle ski club in late Jan, so should be able to case the joint. Unfortunately I can't wait til then to book the family trip as being around the easter hols I want to get it booked asap while there is still something I can afford.

d
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski Club of GB have off-piste holidays in Grimenz 3-10th Feb and 24 Feb-3 March and 10-17 March. I am going with the first one. Obviously you ski both areas. Possibly other parts of the valley too?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pendodave, hopefully after you have been with the Eagles you will realise why I hate giving publicity to the area wink

However at the risk of bumping this thread perhaps you should be aware that the "main" piste back to Grimentz is black/red (and in terms of steepness/iciness deservedly so, although it is quite wide), and the blue winding alternative is not a chicken run.

There, maybe that'll keep the punters away Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yoda,
Quote:

There, maybe that'll keep the punters away

Alongside the English buying up property around there I wouldn't be so sure, expect it to be like Val Despair in 5 years or so Toofy Grin Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You will enjoy one of the most beautiful places in the Alps, you han have a look of my stay a couple of years ago http://rt0010i9.eresmas.net/ ...in spanish rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spaniard, lovely pics!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, more like Ste Foy I fear Sad
ski holidays
 brian
brian
boredsurfin, don't worry, there are Scots as well to provide some balance wink

Spaniard, beautiful, thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yoda wrote:
boredsurfin, more like Ste Foy I fear Sad
I haven't been there for some time: it used to be a lovely mixture of quite challenging pistes and lots of good off-piste.... with almost nobody there. Is it crowded now?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spaniard wrote:
You will enjoy one of the most beautiful places in the Alps, you han have a look of my stay a couple of years ago http://rt0010i9.eresmas.net/ ...in spanish rolling eyes
Now I'm really looking forward to it!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, I was last in Ste Foy about 3 years ago in January. Not crowded on the slopes at that time but there appeared to be a fair bit of new building, renovations etc going on. Some American was said to have spent megabucks building a fancy chalet there. All this seems to have come about since it started getting known as "an off-piste paradise that nobody goes to" rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy