Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of "Eurostar"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I supposed I shouldn't have been surprised but just priced "Eurostar" costs for a party of 7. HAving just price up a Friday to Saturday (evening) train for our party for the week in March from London to BSM the cost was just over £1300 return for the 7 of us. Sad Compared to low cost flights not a bargain though I suppose you cut out most of the tranfer costs. How much would you transfer costs to be to get up to Arc 1950/1800?

Saying that I had to pay circa £130 for a second class return Newport to London Skullie

anyone got better fares deal for railtravel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume that's Eurostar Direct to BSM.

How about a return to Paris and a Sleeper train from Paris to BSM?
That route can be done for well under £150pp - closer to £100 even.

Also the overnight Eurostar is a situp service whereas the one from Paris is a couchette.
The drawback is that u need to leave London about 3hrs earlier but u do get a chance for dinner in Paris on the way.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm hoping to do at least one ski trip by train this year. It costs more, but, with airport hassle these days, the stress is less. I am looking at travelling during the day - and make the travel part of the holiday. Not something that happens at Gatwick.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
I assume that's Eurostar Direct to BSM.

How about a return to Paris and a Sleeper train from Paris to BSM?
That route can be done for well under £150pp - closer to £100 even.

Also the overnight Eurostar is a situp service whereas the one from Paris is a couchette.
The drawback is that u need to leave London about 3hrs earlier but u do get a chance for dinner in Paris on the way.

It was the direct service. Good point about sleepers.

Anyone any idea as to cost of transfer to Les Arcs resorts. 1600 could be done by the train up. At the end of a long train journey I guess I wouldn't want to hang around for a bus and would aim for taxi to 1950/1800 or Vallandry. HAving never skied in Les arcs, but wanting to, I would be interested on how much it costs to transfer from the train station.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, ARC 2000/1950 cost 59 euros for 1-3 persons 62 Euros for 4 from BSM, thats the cost with Aarthur Transfers, you'll probably find it's a standard charge. You can find details of of all the Taxi companies from www.lesarcs.net and I believe you can reserve a cab online.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dan100 wrote:

Saying that I had to pay circa £130 for a second class return Newport to London Skullie

anyone got better fares deal for railtravel

I agree the "open-return" prices for British rail travel are shocking. However, Great Western have recently introduced some advanced-booking singles which can be very cheap. From £10 from Newport - Paddington and at a civilised time of day too. Have a look at their website - it will give you the available fares.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I like both journey's but expect a changeover in Paris whatever. There might be a train that goes straight through but they aren't too frequent, I believe.
However, with a bit of shopping around, I would reckon to get down to a gateway for about £140:00. Its is expensive but its also the best way to travel IMV.

All travel to the alpes takes the best part of the day, one way or another when you factor in doorstep to doorstep.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
£140 return I could live with. Very Happy It was the £280 return that upset me. :
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dan100, Ask RailEurope for PREM fares, they don't publicise them but every TGV has a selection of cheap fares which are made available 90 days proir to your journey. You can also change at Lille to go to Lyon and get a local (TER) train from there to just about Alps destination. It's a journey I've done a few times I remeber that the lowest Lyon - Lille fare I've paid was 29 Euros.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy