Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts around Friedsrichshafen Airport???????

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I am looking to arrange my annual ski trip for about 15-20 people (generally (early) 30-somethings). Ryanair have started flying to Friedsrichshafen from Dublin and is reasonably good value, so with that in mind i am interested in hearing if anyone reccomends particular resorts in its catchment area?

I have thought of ISchgl but chalets seem few and far between.

Does anyone have particular reccomendations. We are particularly interested in the self catering chalet option but any thoughts are appreciated.

Our priorities are:
1. self catered accomodation (ideally chalet) that is as close to the piste as possible - no long walks/ski busses
2. Good intermediate cruising terrain (with a few challenging pistes for the experts amongst us!!??)
3. Not extortionate prices

Any ideas, let me know.

Thanks all

Kevin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try www.j2ski.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St.Anton?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman wrote:
Try www.j2ski.com

I should have added & click on airports, this will give a list of resorts close to Friedsrichshafen.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Switzerland is a short ferry ride away to Romanshorn, which has some decent rail links (there may be a car ferry, too). But I'm not sure how big any of the NE resorts are, and you're starting some serious travel to the more well known areas. Might be worth a quick glance though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
drkpower, Montafon Valley by direct train. Schruns etc....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
drkpower, from the Ski Club website:

Resorts Close To Friedrichshafen

Austria
Galtur - 2 hours
Ischgl - 2 hours
Lech - 2 hours
St Anton - 1.5 hours
Zurs - 2 hours

Switzerland
Davos - 2 hours
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
drkpower, If you are planning your trips based on cheap flights from Dublin then you should also consider the new Ryanair route to Grenoble. I have just booked 4 separate trips and they all cost me 1 cent each way (€30 ew incl taxes).

ps good to see another Irish based snowhead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RachelQ,

Galtur - 2 hours
Ischgl - 2 hours
Lech - 2 hours
St Anton - 1.5 hours
Zurs - 2 hours

I would say these are the very minimum driving times & driving very fast in summer in perfect condtions with no traffic on the roads at all !!
Galtur is def more than 2hrs.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all

Has anybody been to/know anything about the lesser known resorts within a couple of hours?

Kieran, how long ago did u book the 1 cent flights, they are showing up at 45 one way now (excl. taxes)- you obviously picked them at the right time!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
drkpower, Booked them on Monday night - Sale is supposed to be running till Thursay midnight. In fairness we did arrange to fly mostly on Thursdays, maybe that is why we got them for a cent
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skanky wrote:
Switzerland is a short ferry ride away to Romanshorn, which has some decent rail links (there may be a car ferry, too). But I'm not sure how big any of the NE resorts are, and you're starting some serious travel to the more well known areas. Might be worth a quick glance though.

Actually after looking at the map again, hiring a car and driving round the edge of the Bodensee might be a better option.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Same problem as Kieran, anddrkpower, Unfortunately we have to get to Dublin first and the M50 can be a nightmare. We are taking a very long route this year Faranfore (Kerry) to Frankfurt Hahn (Somewhere in France, Belgium or the channel !!!!!) then on to PDS. We are hiring a coach rather than driving will let you know how we cope.

Kerry eyes should be smiling on sunday!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flew to Freidrichshaffen last January and then coach to St Anton on a package deal but when we go on a package we are always on the look out for independent options should we want to return at a later date. We noticed that the train stop is virtually accross the airport carpark and from what I remember of the timetable goes directly to St Anton. Could be worth considering if the times were right for you and also checking what other resorts you can reach directly by train. Loatie
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flew to Freidrichshaffen last January and then coach to St Anton on a package deal but when we go on a package we are always on the look out for independent options should we want to return at a later date. We noticed that the train stop is virtually accross the airport carpark and from what I remember of the timetable goes directly to St Anton. Could be worth considering if the times were right for you and also checking what other resorts you can reach directly by train. Loatie
latest report
Kevin,

to be honest proberly a better way of doing the airport-resort & resort-airport jorney is to use a bookable taxi service. over the past three years I've used nothing else. It has proven to be absolutely stress free. For Ischgl a couple of years a go I used the guys at the link below for Zurich. they will also do other airports. Tell them that you need a couple of mini busses for 20 people with skis, let them worry about the logistics,isurance, who drinks and who drives, what time you leave, what time you should go to bed to be ready for the drive etc.
http://www.alpentaxi.at/eng/index01.htm

bob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy