Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads trip to Colorado Mar/05?

Poster: A snowHead
Hmmm... Got to thinking... Wonder if we could arrange a snowHeads event in Colorado for a year from now (mid-March). Any interest? If someone on your side of the pond could help arrange flights for a group, I could likely handle setting things up for transfers and lodging at Summit, Steamboat, Aspen, or...?! Exclamation

Worth considering? snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OOOooh, sounds like a great way to get an introduction to skiing US style, put me down as interested.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK. After you posted, I realized that I should have made it a poll. Well, let's leave it go for a day or two, then figure out the process...

For this thread, what would you like to have on the trip? What would be your interests? One area or multiple? Fancy or down-to-earth?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cracking idea - how much cheaper & better do you think we could make it with local knowledge and group discounts?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masopa, seems to me that we should be able to do pretty good, both in terms of lodging and lifts. I am familiar with doing this from a couple of angles--used to organize trips back in California for the IBM ski club and also work on a retreat team that has stayed in many nice facilities in the mountains. I'm sure we can come up with some really good options.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I might be up for it. Depends on the Epic trips next year - one is to Kicking Horse, and the Epic Academy hasn't been announced yet. Also I'd need to tie it in with doing my level 1. (Although maybe I could get Ric or Bob to do the exam)

Which resort were you thinking?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Put me down as interested as well ssh, I've also never been to the US, and there's nothing better to while away non skiing months than planning another trip.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Certainly interested. I may well be on a budget (depends on the job situation) but I'm sure the "core" bits can be organised en-masse and then if people want to then stay in expensive hotels, they can.

Sadly got a bit used to skiing on somewhat less of a budget in my previous job, but hey ho - nothing lasts forever!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll definitely be on a budget! Already got two other trips on the burner for next year...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey....great idea!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not a bad idea at all, I'll keep my eye on this one.

wtfh, you been to kicking horse yet? Bit of an odball resort, but great for advanced skiiers
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt, not yet, but there's a first time for everything!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat, there are options, of course. It appears at this point that I'll be part of the Guide program at Copper, so that would likely be a good option. However, with all of Summit County easily accessible, I'll take votes! Steamboat? Aspen?

I'll also speak with Nolo about plans for ESA3. Would you like them to be near the same time, WTFH?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd like to see esa3 in Bridger, but that's for personal reasons!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, Wink.

My question was a when, though... Did you want me to try to make them close together? I was thinking about March instead of earlier in the year when ESA usually is.
snow conditions
Oooh, i have always wanted to ski Steam Boat, but never had anyone to go with...
snow report
Well, I'd like to go back to WP, but then everyone knows that. Sitting in the hottubs in beaver village lodge after an exhaustingly happy day on Mary Jane...

But I'd like to ski A-basin, and Aspen (OK, I want to ski with Weems at Aspen), or Steamboat, maybe Vail (with Ric)
Let's face it, I'll ski almost anywhere!
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Well, I'd like to go back to WP, but then everyone knows that. Sitting in the hottubs in beaver village lodge after an exhaustingly happy day on Mary Jane...

She sounds nice. Was she a skier or a boarder? Wink
ski holidays
She is a mountain of a woman. Laughing
latest report
Nice peaks?
ski holidays
Into powder?
latest report
I always thought Mary Jane was something you smoked! Sweet...
snow conditions
Hhhmmm, i have sat in those same hot tubs at BVLodge, when were you there??
ski holidays
Robbie, I wondered if that was you!
Not the same year you were there, but the years before (With Steve & Hilary, etc)
snow report
too, too funny. So, that still dosen't tell me who i am speaking too... Embarassed
ski holidays
I thought I knew who you were last week, and then at the weekend, I was clearing out my old emails, and found one from you about you moving to Reading last year.

Now, if you really wanted to know who I am, you'd just click in my signature!
snow report
Doh. Arrgghhh.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Hi Stewart - how are you? Nice picture of Whistler i think? How is life? What other skiing are you up to this seaon? How is the house?
snow conditions
Not Whistler, Catherine's Area in Alta, Utah. Neither of which are in Colorado, which is what this thread is about, so I'll take the rest of this conversation off line.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing.

If someone else wants to organize for Utah, that's fine. It's just much easier for me to organize near here; I might even visit the lodgings this summer!
snow conditions
Sorry, ssh, I was responding to Robbie's comment about the picture of Whistler on my charity webpage.

I'd still be interested in a Colorado trip next year!
snow report
I'm interested, but late March would suit me better than mid-March. Also, since transatlantic travel times demand that you spend at least a couple of weeks Stateside, just to get over the jetlag, another thought pops into my head.

- Road trip.

Any takers?
snow conditions
We did a road trip ;ast year in Canada. Two weeks - fly to calgary, drive to fernie for three days, on to Panorama for three days, two days at Kicking Horse, then Banff wher we spent two days at Sunshine, two days at lake louise and one glorious powder day at Norquay with the whole hill to ourslves more or less.

Skiing so many places was interesting but I wouldn;t travel so much next time : packing so regularly is a bit of a bind, and byt the time youre; getting to know the hill it;s time to move on.

The way to get around that of course is to ski with locals, and to ski many areas from a single base - like we did at Lake Tahoe a few years ago wher we skiied four different resorts from our base in South Lake Tahoe
latest report
I would definitely be interested as I have yet to bully any of my usual co-travellers into going Trans Atlantic to ski. Would it be suitable for a wee, shy girlie travelling on her own? Blush
ski holidays
If I were able to make it, mrs NBT would be along too and would be glad of some female company
snow conditions
A Colorado trip definetly sound interesting. I'll keep watching.
snow report
TC, I'm sure a wee, shy girlie would be fine on her own. And if you know any, you can tell them that! snowHead
snow conditions
Road trip would be out for me (not enough holidays with work to waste time driving), but then again, jetlag isn't a big issue for me either - just the first night, then I'll be OK.
ski holidays
i've just come back from 14 days skiing in colorado (10 days aspen, 2 days teluride and 2 days silverton). great snow and skiing. you guys are going to have a blast!
snow report
What sort of budget / price range are you suggesting?
ski holidays
Don't forget Easter is early next year. Is the mid-March idea attempting to include those of us with school-age kids? Not to mention teachers. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy