Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best go anywhere ski

Poster: A snowHead
Ok your opinions please on

A ski that sticks and turns well on piste, rides the bumps and the soft stuff plus wouldnt look out of place on the park.

What do you think?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Renry, what is the ability of the skiier? where will they be using it? what is their weight/height?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renry, There is only one, KA................ Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its just a general question realy WTFH.

Somthing to pass the afternoon away @ work.

Just for the sake of it

Lets say a skiier with 4 or 5 weeks skiing under their belt, has done a little off piste but nothing untracked.
Is 5 foot 6inch tall and weights 13 stone.

Ski mainly on piste, would like to venture a little more off piste and also hit the odd kicker.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry, I agree with SZK then, the Pocket Rocket. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, you can't be serious.

Anyway, are "we" "listening" to "your" "opinions" this week? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, you can't be serious.

You mean me agreeing with SZK - of course I'm serious - I taught him to ski! Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Volkl Sumo.. Nuff said.

In all seriousness alot of people may say k2 public enemy, though not to my taste. Personally I'd go with some 'flavour' of salomon 1080. Now if you take the terrain park out of it, that's a different kettle o fish.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
no one has yet mentioned the legendary go-anywhere anyone-can-ski-this Bandit B2?

shurley shome mishtake.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, no, your recommendation of Pocket Sprockets.

IMHO, having tried them only the twice (1 day Alta on hardpack, 1 day down the Vallee Blanche(Grand Envers route)), I think they're "go nowhere" skis. Maybe just maybe they're fun in deep light powder but I think there's better out there.

I'm amazed no-one's tipped in with Rossi B2s...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
veeeight, ooopss, posts crossing in the ether...

Edmundh009, how many near obese (BMI=29.4) (Renry, I mean no offense if your stats are accurate and personal!) 4-5 week skiers will be landing switch in the park anyway?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
veeeight, David Murdoch, Go anywhere? B3! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
B2 + B3 = B5! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BS
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds like a B2.5 would be perfect.
snow conditions
David Murdoch wrote:
veeeight, ooopss, posts crossing in the ether...

Edmundh009, how many near obese (BMI=29.4) (Renry, I mean no offense if your stats are accurate and personal!) 4-5 week skiers will be landing switch in the park anyway?

It is a totaly made up stat

I just wanted to here some opinions on go anywhere skis

Not to offend you either but I didnt mention anything about landing reverse etc just to hit the odd kicker! wink
snow report
Renry, no offence taken. So you don't need twin tips then? But definitely a wooden core and possibly some serious re-inforcement to carry all the weight?
ski holidays
there are plenty of park skiers who ski 'fat' skis as their all-round skis. These include skis such as ak enemys, k2 seth, rossignol scratch bc (though I think the bc would be a bit of work for a 4 week skier). Perhaps a 175 armada arv could be the answer, mounted a bit further forward than mid-sole. Though I am unsure of their degree of stiffness.
latest report
Dynastar legend 4800 or perhaps 8000 if you want something a bit beefier
snow conditions
Scott Aztec Pros?
ski holidays
I'll probably be shot down in flames, but here goes:

If Renry's mythical person intends to find most of their fun on piste, with occasional forays into deeper snow the Metron B5 might by a good one-ski compromise? The tight radius can give you loads of fun on piste if you like to carve tight turns with a modern technique, and the extra girth at tip and tail gives a bit of help in deeper snow. I'm not sure how they'd be in the snow park - they might well land with a bit of a thump considering how heavy they are Wink
snow conditions
Apache Recon? Dunno about the park tho'.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, I agree Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy