Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advise needed on a late Ski Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All

I am planing a DIY trip flying into Chambery on the 5th of April. I went to VT last year which was great. Does anyone have any advise for a resort that has a good snow record for late season.

I was Thinking about Les arc as they group is mostly intermediate level.

Any suggestions anyone??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you do realise that's easter weekend?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would have thought any of the obvious resorts in the savoie : Les Arcs, Courchevel, Tignes, Val d'sere, Val Thorens or any of 3 Vallees resorts bar Meribel (some one bound to say La Rosiere(haven't been). Alp d'huez and Les Duex Alpes are also within a reasonable drive. All of these resorts should have pretty good conditions at that time. La Plagne probably will as well but I don't like it (too many flat motorway pistes involving poling). Don't think you could go wrong with any of these resorts. I may have missed somewhere obvious.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ajbaldwin, Les Arcs is good, the best piste skiing in France IMO but the various centres are quite spread out and Arc 2000 and Arc 1950 are north facing so they don't get the best of the sun. You might like to consider La Rosiere which is just across the valley from Les Arc, it's the only international resort in Savoie, the ski domain is linked to La Thuile in Italy, so the skiing has a very different flavour to the mega stations nearby. There are some reviews in the resorts section, we'd love to welcome you to chalet Le Mouflon but we're completely full that week, you could try my son's chalets at www.morealps.com or contact the tourist office on www.larosiere.net they run a central accomodation bureau.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rolling eyes

On the other hand there is plenty of south facing slopes in Les Arcs, and if you get a Paradiski pass you have an incredibly large ski domain to explore, with a huge variety of piste and off-piste to choose from. You'll also have a choice of villages (more than 16, including traditional and purpose-built). Les Arcs has a good snow record, and an extensive network of snow cannons to protect key pistes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From dan100's list, I would say Alpe D'Huez is well worth considering. Extensive intermediate (and other levels) skiing, and, looking at the SCGB site, a good historical snow record.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replys

I am right in thinking that les arcs 1800 is the biggest of the les arcs with the most bars and restaurants ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ajbaldwin, yes, that's correct.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy