Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another ski length question....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can I pick your brains....?

My current skis are K2 X15s (1998) in 183cm. Baring in mind that I'm a 5 foot 8 1/2, 65kg girl I realise that that is an awful lot of ski for me... not quite sure how I ended up on them- probably something to do with my naivety about fatter skis at the time- these were the first 'carving' skis I ever got.

Having said that, I;ve done a season on them and about 8 weeks since then and I LOVE them. They're heavy, stiff, stable on both the edge and flats, and power through anything at speed. They're also very very dead now and need replacing.....

So, wondering what length to go for now- by pretty much all indicators these skis are too long for me and I should probably go shorter...

But, what will the benfits of going shorter be- will it show up holes in my technique? will it make skiing easier? What weight do I give to what I SHOULD be skiing on to what I PREFER skiing on?

I realise that a lot of this is dependent on the type of ski I look at, but would just be interested to hear general thoughts on this.

I skied one day on a pair of K2 One Luv's last winter in 167 and hated them.... not enough fun, not enough speed in them, and not enough stabilty. But that might be as much to do with the ski as with the length.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bexen, Volkl AC4-177/184cm. Would be where i'd start you. Little Angel
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I wonder if you may not be quite as crazy as I first thought.

Bexen, shorter I would have thought.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bexen, I would go down about 10cms. A shorter ski will make skiing easier, providing you don't go softer at the same time! The difference between ski generations is quite marked, and the latest skis are almost unbelievable compared to even a 5 year old ski, let alone nearly 10.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks easiski, and SMALLZOOKEEPER, the Volkls look interesting Very Happy

I guess some ski tesing is in order, but that seemingly opens up a whole new can of worms heh heh.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bexen, Beware where you open that can, FISH! Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy