Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Atomic batteries to power, ski boots to walk'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A timely reminder with all our talk of winter, that winter 2006/7 will prove to be the best year yet, for men and WOMEN to by Ski Touring/Randonneé boots.

Garmont will produce 2 new models and revise 1. New Models; The Endorphine and Xena(ladies Endorphine). Revised Model; Adenaline. All three of the above boots are Freeride inspired, PU shells running at 100mm forefoot.
None of the PU shells as yet will have LO-Tech inserts, but something may follow. wink
Otherwise the range stays the same with some excellent refinements and progression in Telemark.

Scarpa will add the Spirit 4 to the Spirit range. A 4 buckle/LO-Tec version of the Spirit 3. Same plastic (Pebax), and a fourth buckle(missplaced) offer, for me, nothing new that the 3 buckle version didn't, except the weight of the said buckle. There is, still, a little comfusion here as to whether the final production model will be finished in PU or Pebax. A PU version maybe a little more interesting.
Scarpa's real punch this winter will be for the Telemarkers. A split from Black Diamond seems to have done wonders for the brand(It will be interesting to see what BD have up their sleeves for next year! wink )
There is now a definate differance between T1 Race and T1. T1 Race has a PU re-enforced chassis for improved transmission and precision, but has forfeited it's walk/ski mode. The T1 has recived a make over and sprouted a 4th buckle, neither of the 2 have had any mould modifications in terms of lasting.

Lowa have added a superlite, 3 buckle, LO-Tec insert boot. For me offers nothing, bad lasting and high price, coupled with moulding that installs bordem to work with.

Dynafit continue with the Freeride trend, inmproving their Aero FR making it stronger in walk/ski and introducing a beatiful ladies version(24-27mondo). This is a real skiers boot and within it's range, is the most difficult to hike/skin in. That said it was very well recieved last winter, the few returns we had were because she is so stiff!

Get Hikin! Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The season I add some AT boots gets closer... Twisted Evil
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NTN?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, FISH to you too. Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, so what is it to be Diablo Race 130s? Or Endorphines? Or both??

Sounds like Sophie would adore the Aero FR.

And what for skis? Oh the choices! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What are the developments in the Garmont tele boots - I apparently have Garmont shaped feet?

Surely SZK you know what NTN is?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy