Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Desperately seeking snow. Autumn skiing; advice please.

Poster: A snowHead
I've decided to take a cheeky weekend away at the start of October. I'm currently considering Zermatt, Saas Fee or Presena.

Can anybody advise me on these resorts for the time of year, or indeed, any other suitable European glacier resort?

Thanks.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 30-08-06 13:40; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lionel Tassan did the Aiguille de Bionnassay on the 23rd of August, seems to be in condition. Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof, Shocked but stunning pictures!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
moot_point, how about delaying it a month, and coming to LDA with the rest of us for the PSB - Nov 1-5. If you didn't want to take the time off work but could get to GVA Fri, you may be able to get a lift with WTFH or David Murdoch, The only downside of that is that the weekend will probably be a bit busy, but Thurs/Fri was great last year. If you came out on the Thurs you may be able to hook up with Roger C.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GrahamN, Now, that is interesting. I will look in trips.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
moot_point, more than happy for you to share our hire car from Lyon to LDA on Thur eve if that suits
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apparently Zermatt is offering good deals on short breaks in October if you book through the tourist office website
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roger C, Where are you flying from?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moot_point, see below (i think flight back is now about 30mins earlier though)

Flight number: BA0364
To: Saint Exupery (Lyon) Terminal 1
Depart: 02 Nov 2006 19:15
Arrive: 02 Nov 2006 21:55

Flight number: BA0363
To: Heathrow (London) Terminal 4
Depart: 05 Nov 2006 18:55
Arrive: 05 Nov 2006 19:40
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roger C, Thanks for the info and offer. I live in Merseyside, so I would need a connecting flight. Just checked the price, which is circa £540, from Manchster to Lyon via Heathrow. So, if I'm going to consider the PSB as an option, I'll probably fly with my pal to Geneva, and drive the extra distance.

Thanks again.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
moot_point, if you do go when you said originally, I would also consider Hintertux if I were you.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moot_point, It's not in trips - it's in Snow Events. Long thread on Mondial/PSB 2006 and shorter facts thread for all the hard info. Yes - come along! The more the merrier. Just PM me if you want to come and I'll sort out the rooms etc. If you do the Turin flight there'll be a coach transfer, if not then verious possibilities have already been mentioned. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, come join the PSB moot_point, there's quite a few different flight options at the moment, or you could go your own way if the times/dates worked better for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moot_point,

Presena ain't very big. Would be pretty boring
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm in Kaprun, Austria and it's curently snowing down to around 1700m. THe Glacier (3000m) here has loads of new snow - visibility currently rubbish but I'm waiting paitently! Looks like it might be quite a good Autumn (here's NOT hoping for an Indian summer! Very Happy
snow report
nice, How many lifts/kilometres of piste are generally open on the glacier in late September?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy