Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Feb 26th 2007. Can we avoid French children!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi we are seven friends without our kids and have booked Monday to Friday flights to Geneva 26/02 to 02/03. This by my calculation is French school holidays. Any suggestions where we could go to avoid too many queues. we are English half term veterans, but would like to avoid the worst places if at all possible. Any suggestions where we could try or where we NEED to avoid?? Having done the Barcelona to Andorra transfer on a previous trip, distance isn't a real problem, but again convenience is a plus. Appreciate any views.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mfamily2, We have chosen La Rosiere again because of the quiet slopes. It is the quietest day of the week, but here is a photo of the main lift and slope on an English and French half term Saturday at 09.15....Oh and yes the resort and all the lifts are open.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mfamily2, I have to agree with FTS, if you go to our website www.tracksvacations.com and click through to gallery you'll see some more photos taken last Feb at half-term. We have availability for that week in our chalet, you can find the deatils on our website or see our ad in snowShops
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, looked at your photo - there's not many there it is true, but those that were there are a mean and ugly looking bunch - hope they didn't give your group any grief.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just go to virtually anywhere in switzerland (you noticed that Geneva is in switzerland?!).
Jhe French overwhelmingly stay in France.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sat is always quiet though, as it's changeover day for lots of people?? Were the slopes that quiet all week?

Defo need to get to La Rosiere sometime soon!

Regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mfamily2,
You can also go through the Mont Blanc tunnel to Italy to the Aosta valley resorts. La Thuile is the only one I have actually stayed in. It shares the same area as La Ros though the Italian side may be quieter during French holidays.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
as someone else said, if you dont want to ski with french kids dont come to france!

and while sat might be change over day for tourists, us locals have our kids go to ski club on sat and sun so you wont be missing them!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowangel., I agree absolutely, they have to expect to meet French kids at anytime in the season in France. They have every right to be there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As rungsp says, go and ski in Switzerland.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray Zorro, Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nothing against children or French children, just trying to avoid the crowds, i'll have to take more care about how I phrase my query or am I being too defensive!

Having said that I love France, go there summer and winter, have spent English half terms in Val and Les Arcs, went to Les Carroz last year. Just came back from the VENDEE CAMPING, SPENT MY TEEEAGE YEARS CAMPING ALL OVER THE PLACE. I'VE PAID MY DUES, I EVEN CHEERED WHEN ZIDANE BUTTED THAT ITALIAN BLOKE. I would prefer to go to France and just want to avoid places where there may be an over proportion of the little things. Any ideas?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 23-08-06 23:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, I did an English half term in La Thuile and went over to la Ros. I was really impressed by the sunny slopes and snow quality. The crowds were also manageable. Do you know how they may compare around 26/02?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mfamily2, We went last Feb half term. The busiest week. Only real queue we saw was about 4pm at the Les Ecudets lift which was about 15 mins. Another tip. Arrive at the lift back to La Ros from La Thuille 10 mins before it closes and the queue there will also have gone
snow conditions
mfamily2, we'd be delighted to welcome you to Chalet le Mouflon in La Rosiere, if you go to our website www.tracksvacations.com you'll see some photos taken over half-term last season, not a queue in sight. La Rosiere is very different from the mega ski stations nearby and you're right the slopes are sunny and the snow is usually good, it has one of the best snow records in the Alps, last season we had over a total snowfall of over 12 metres, which meant that piste depths were frequently more than 4 metres.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

That is a beautifully groomed slope behind you. What were you doing posing for a photo? Get up there Snowman!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy