Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Years Eve, Levi, Finland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All - I am flying into Levi, Finland on new years eve and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to go or what to do in the evening..?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be cold. Plenty of bars to shelter in. The Tuikki restaurant has superb views. Levi markets itself as the Official Home of Santa Claus, so there will be lots of Christmassy stuff to do. Finland is the most underrated country in Western Europe. Great place. Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent - Thanks... I'm really looking forward to it... Is it a good place for beginners..?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, a perfect place for beginners and intermediates. Has only a couple tough runs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your help Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dennie, Let me know how you get on i'm out there around end of Feb into March. You do know that its permanent night that time of year don't you ? (a sort of blue colour, but pistes etc are floodlit'.)

I'm sure you will get to eat reindeer at some point !!, snow mobiling can be fun if you have never done it, some great area out their, or you could go dog sledding or reindeer sledding (if you haven't eaten them all) wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold wrote:
Finland is the most underrated country in Western Europe.

No its not Michael Palin did a whole song in praise of Finland.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Levi is a wonderful place to visit and learn to ski. I have been twice, the first time it never fell below -6c and the 2nd it never got above -16c and fell to -37c in the village. Lovely place though, i'll go back when my little boy is old enough to learn.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

That's probably becoz it is in northern Europe.......... rolling eyes Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the ice perv wrote:
Quote:

That's probably becoz it is in northern Europe.......... rolling eyes Smile

It is in the northern part of Western Europe... rolling eyes wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, as the resident Finn of the forum, I should be flattered with such an overwhelmingly good comments. Mind you, I do not know Levi well, but would generally advise to get very warm stuff with you. End December is about the coldest time.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I love Levi. I too am flying in on NYE - where are you staying, Dennie? This will be our fourth time there and we really enjoy it. Uncrowded slopes and a fab place for beginners and intermediates. There will be more slopes open this year. as they have opened early. Sometimes going at the start of December can mean just a handful open, but either way - it's what you make it. We love the exotic atmosphere - the Northern Lights and the extreme cold are all part of that - you just wrap up warm. Snowmobiling is a must, as is the huskies if you have small children. We just love walking around in the silence and enjoying the light (blue/pink sky in the day). Amazing sunsets and sunrises (even though they are only 3 hours apart!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh and there's fireworks at the front slopes at midnight on NYE. Here's some activities planned (sorry I got carried away and didn't answer your question!):

31.12.2006 New Year’s Eve

11.00 – 14.00 Lunch table at Hotel Levitunturi restaurant.

13.00 Snowshoeing for a pleasure lover.
The pleasure lover takes the Gondola lift to get to Levi fell and to admire the amazing sceneries without too much strive. We visit the peak of Levi fell (531 m) and get to know the fell sceneries. At Lammaskuru Lappish tepee we enjoy fried sausages and coffee. From the tepee we continue with a peaceful pace towards the Front Slope. During the walk guide tells about Lappish life and culture. Start at 1 p.m. from Gondola loft, transportation from Levi centre can be agreed upon. Duration 2,5 – 3 hours. Price 45 €, minimum 4 persons. Price includes high quality snowshoes, poles, Gondola lift ticket, sausages and coffee as well as the guide services. Also leg warmers when needed. Bookings from Lapin Luontoelämys Tel. +358 40 716 3033.

15.00 – 23.00 Steaks as you like in Restaurant Pihvipirtti-Steakhouse
Menu of Restaurant Pihvipirtti 35 € Bookings and further information from Hullu Poro Tel. +358 16-6510 252.

17.00 – 21.00 Delicious dinner buffet at Hullu Poro.
Clients must be in at the latest at 6 p.m. Bookings and further information from Hullu Poro Tel. +358 16-6510 252.

17.00 – 23.00 Á la carte, restaurant Valkea Vaadin.
Bookings and further information Hullu Poro Tel. +358 16-6510 252.

18.00 – 01.00 Á la carte and New Year´s menu in Lapponia Tango Restaurant
Bookings and further information from Tel. +358 (0) 16- 644 126

18.00 – 01.00 New Year´s Champagne menu at Gastro Restaurant
Also á la carte. Bookings and further information Tel. +358 016-644 884.

18.00 and 21.00 Feast of Reindeer settings at Hullu Poro Kammi restaurant.
Bookings and further information from Hullu Poro Tel. +358 16-6510 252. Hullu Poro’s entrance fee 5 € will be added to 21.00 o’clock setting’s price.

18.00 Before band Buffet at Hullu Poro Areena.
Price 35 €/person includes entrance fee to Areena. New Year Party starting at 20.00. Bookings and further information from Hullu Poro Tel. +358 16 6510 252.

20.00 – 24.00 Youth disco
At Sirkan Tökäri for youth over 13 years. Tickets 6 €. Tökäri is situated near Sirkan Kauppa, 50 meters further other side of the road (red building).

20.00 New Year setting at View Restaurant Tuikku.
Come and enjoy a memorable dinner at the peak of Levi. If weather permits, you can see the Northern Lights from upstairs, as well as the whole Levi area fireworks. Dinner price 62 €/person. Bookings and further information from View Restaurant Tuikku Tel. +358 (0) 16 644 240.

21.00 New Year´s Dinner at Restaurant Taivas.
Price of the menu 75 eur/person. Includes glass of sparkling wine. Bookings and further information from Hullu Poro, Tel. 016- 6510 252

21.00 New Year´s buffet dinner at restaurant Hehku.
Price 78 €/person, children 4-14 years –50 %. Bookings and further information from Hotel Sirkantähti Tel. +358 16-640 100

22.00 Rock and disco karaoke at Hullu Poro.

23.00 New Year Eve Mass at St Mary’s Chapel.

24.00 FIREWORKS by the front slopes.

At Cantina New Year celebrations with fiery atmosphere; live music. Trio Boston at 9 pm.

Beats & Styles at Hullu Poro Areena

At Hotel Levitunturi upstairs Kari Vepsä & Onnenmaa, Jarmo Hannula & Hoviorkesteri, karaoke and at Night club Dj. and Finnish pop music. Seita and karaoke-bar Joiku are open. In downstairs bänd Laskuteline. Tickets 12 €
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy