Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies Morning MK

Poster: A snowHead
I decided to try this today as I have missed the recent Castleford meet-up and will also miss the MK ski testing then I managed to drag Michelle along as well Laughing

Ladies Morning Session in Xscape 2hrs skiing with a instructor £25 (includes coffee and biscuits)

Only 3 of us (2 of those were snowHead ) all of different levels but I thought it was very good value Very Happy
We did lots of different exercises (that will please Easiski) and as the slope was very quiet till around 15 minutes before we finished there was minimal waits for the lifts.
Subtle but effective coaching/reminding about positioning/weight all the normal stuff that most of us get pulled up on rolling eyes
MK junior race team were practicing so perhaps next time Michelle and I could get some practice in for the EOSB Laughing
Both slopes were in excellent condition and as you do, we had to stay on for a few extra runs at the end Smile
I will certainly go again for this session before the season starts (it is busy during the winter) and will post up the dates in advance the next time if anybody want to come along and meet up snowHead

Spyderjon I took your advice and took my ski's they made such a big difference the only problem was at the top of the drag lift the snow was a bit patchy and I ended up with legs apart trying to stop my skis going on to the wood Shocked Perhaps I should take a shovel next time to move some snow Laughing
A very sociable day with a nice lunch afterwards (no booze as we drunk that the night before Laughing ) then a little trip round the shops where Michelle started kitting herself out for next season Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a very pleasant day all round.
My local dry slope does a similar thing, 2 hrs for about £13 with a couple of instructors offering tips and advice. It's not a proper lesson, more a gentle reminder with some exercises to try if you want to. No tee & biscuits though. Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The instructor today used to do the same session at Hemel dry slope but I think it is worth paying the extra £'s to do this on the snow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh yes, the only time the dry slope is really enjoyable is when it's cold and drizzly, and they're the nights that you don't want to stand there for 5 minutes discussing things with an instructor.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds, is this a regular thing? Do you have any future dates? I can't find anything about it on their website.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah - just found it.

We were going to go to MK one day next week (as not working) & this sounds a lot better than my usual sliding down a slope. I hadn't realised there was also an instructor as it doesn't say that on their website. That may well be a date for me next Thursday - thanks! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy, It is every Thursday morning 10-12 with a quick coffee in the middle. We didnt have to book for today as it is the summer and it is quiet but I understand it gets very busy in the winter.
I would like to /may do next Thursday but I wont know till next wednesday if I can make it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds, I'll have to see whether that fits in with our plans, as I think Mr C wants another boarding lesson & I don't know if there's one for his level that day. Also going on up to visit the parents in Derby after so have to see if they're free that day. But I'll post here if I am going to go and would be good to meet up if you can make it! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A great day! And missed the traffic on the way home, too wink Very Happy
Linds, I got home and told Gray about the skis. His response...
Quote:
oh - at that price I'm surprised you didn't get them

rolling eyes Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michelle, sounds as though he's beginning to come round??

Linds, glad to hear you were doing your exercises - how much one leg stuff??? You've got to try to beat Helen Beaumont at the PSB! wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, She did have us doing some one-legged stuff but I will keep it a secret how far I went wink Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, yeah - though just to the fact that I'm hooked and that with the amount of ski holidays planned for this season, it'll probably save us money wink snowHead
Linds, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Linds, Michelle, were both slopes open and were there kickers and sliders on the right-hand slope looking up?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges, yes and no.
They were on the left! At least, I hope I know what you're talking about Embarassed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michelle, that must be for the AIM event this weekend. So was the right-hand slope looking up completely clear of ramps and rails then?
snow conditions
yes, just the poles for the race team.
snow report
Michelle, blast and double blast, should've pitched up (not for ladies' morning)
latest report
slikedges, Might be going next Thursday morning.
ski holidays
Linds, I'll be in France on the next one Very Happy but certainly have been known to do Thu mornings.
snow report
Linds wrote:
I decided to try this today as I ........will also miss the MK ski testing

I haven't seen anything about a proposed MK ski test - any info, please??

Does anyone know anything about the over-forties only session at MK (on Tues am, I think? I keep thinking it would be a good way to introduce myself to the delights rolling eyes of the MK Icedome.
snow conditions
Red Leon, We spoke to a chap yesterday who goes to the over 40's group and he said it is very friendly and normally has around 15 people and is along the lines of a coaching session. I think most of these groups are quiet in summer but busy in the winter so you would have to book in advance.

Quote:

proposed MK ski test - any info, please??

I think this is the Ellis B testing the first weekend in September?
snow report
It's looking a good possibility for me for next Thurs am, if any other Laydies are interested Very Happy

Red Leon, I think the MK ski test is on 2 Sept, look in the snowEvents section
snow report
cathy, If I am not back from London on Wednesday too late I will come to MK Thursday snowHead
ski holidays
Linds, maybe see you there then! Very Happy
snow report
OK - got the all clear on this Thurs. No snowboarding lessons during the day anyway so Mr C will just have a ski. Can't hang around afterwards though, as will be scooting up to Derby to the parents for lunch Very Happy
ski holidays
Didn't end up going in the end - Mr C was ill in the night so we knocked the whole of today on the head Evil or Very Mad See what happens when you leave them alone for one day!! If you did end up going Linds, sorry I didn't make it Sad
ski holidays
cathy,
Just got back snowHead
I did look round to see if anybody looked familiar or if anybody else was looking like they were looking for somebody.
I hope your hubby is better now?
I have had a great couple of hours with Dy (the instructor) at MK. Snow wasnt bad and the slope was quiet until after 11am (think thats when the boarder get up Laughing ).
easiski, I think you instructors are part of a secret society rolling eyes no messing around today Laughing
Ski tapping, no poles at one point Shocked Up and down clapping hands Laughing
Unfortunatly no more Ladies Sessions for me for the next month or so but I will definitly be going back over the winter (you need to book) and we could try and organise a ladies snowHead meet and do lunch afterwards Laughing
snow report
Linds, You've discovered our evil plot! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Dy who?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy