Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off for a bit of glacier skiing in September, and I fancy getting a new pair of gloves before then. I liked the look of the Scott Men's Cruiser, but can't seem to find anywhere that sells them in my size. Also quite liked the look of the Mountain Equipment Mountain glove. Both of these are around £30.

Has anyone tried these, or do you have any other recommendations? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dakine bronco gt gloves. The dakine gloves are the only ones I have had which have not fallen apart. Hestra gloves are supposed to be very good but their top end kit is quite expensive.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have found Snowlife gloves to be soft, warm adn durable but I don't know if you can find them outside CH
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm very fond of my Swany gloves.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow and rock have the bronco gt in a large at £35. They do fit reasonably small as I wear a medium and have quite small hands.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are interested in Hestra, www.sierratradingpost.com has the army leather heli (both fingered gloves and mittens) and the Dominique Perret pro on sale right now. The former cost me £40 including shipping and VAT, which is roughly half what you will pay in the UK.

We'll see how they hold up come December but the construction seems pretty bulletproof (much more than the Peak pair I have just trashed and am repairing with duct tape) while retaining dexterity. I always find these things a pain to buy - you never know whether they will hold up or not until they fail on you.

For size comparison , I take a 9 (7.5" from the tip of the middle finger to the wrist). Happy hunting.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had my Hestra's for over 5 years and they still look great...even the leather palm handles carrying skis well. But with leather gloves I rotate daily them and let them dry out properly, I like leather though because my local cobbler can repaiir them and duct tape looks ...well, rubbish, to me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My first pair of Hestras lasted 3 seasons and the second pair are looking good after one. I highly recommend them - especially if you can get a good price - they are pricey in the shops. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy