Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The ULTIMATE ski school (IMHO)

Poster: A snowHead
Well, that's what I thought of this year's EpicSki Academy.
EpicSki.com's forum is currently experiencing difficulties, so I thought I'd let snowHeads hear that next year's EpicSki Academy will be held in Big Sky, Montana on January 23-27th.

What you get is 4 days instruction from some of the best instructors and examiners in America, in small groups - 4-5 per instructor. There's a lot of other stuff as well - welcome party, leaving dinner, prizes, evening clinics on a variety of topics such as exercises, ski equipment, Q&A sessions, video feedback, etc.

If you're interested in attending, let me know.

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He's absolutely right. Top ski instruction, great atmosphere.

The only drawback is that Fox is in charge of the leaving dinner humour. He managed to make it almost as cringeworthy as if I had been organising it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cedric, what? The seppos loved it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, and you get to see Fox do one legged balance exercises while holding a beer in the other hand! That in itself is worth the price of tuition! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lisamer, hi! When did you arrive here to snowheads?! Welcome!

This coming year, hope to be there for the first time and it would be great to meet many of you, as well!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Shhh, dropped by briefly a few weeks ago, but I've been travelling back and forth between Brookline and Summit County, so not much posting time on either board. I wonder if enough UK people can get together an book some sort of charter flight. Would be great to meet some of you.

BTW, shhh, some of us are getting together for dinner in Summit County on June 5th. Join us?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey guys...small world, huh?

I'll echo fox on the Academy, I don't think for the price that it can be beat. Hopefully both the wife and I will make it this year. Hang in there, Epic will be back soon!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lisamer, oooooo! June 5th? I can probably do that! I'll PM you contact details?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHeads, Coach13 snowHead What happened to coaches1-12?

I believe ssh is involved in trying to herd some snowHeads to Colorado next spring...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ian that is so cool! I'll have moved out there by then, so I'd love to meet up with some of you!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lisamer, here's the thread - I think they need poking into a bit more action!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I must admit that I thought Ski New Generation in Couchevel 1650 were superb. Jason was a star.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ian Hopkinson, you beat me to it! Wink

LM, want to help with the organizing?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, I've been looking out for the details and would love to go - I just need to wrangle the pass on the home front.

How did you work it last year, take a weeks holiday and attend the four days whilst you were there?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks awful though

http://www.bigskyresort.com/images/bs_ch_ski_03.jpg
ski holidays
I took a 2 week break last year, started with the 4 days of the academy (at Snowbird/Alta), then did a couple of days on my own in Alta, then went up to Jackson Hole for a weekend, and returned to Alta/Bird for the rest of the time.
I'll need to work on what to do this time. I may do a week in Big Sky, then go on somewhere else for a second week, or just come back to England, and go out again later in the season.
ski holidays
Peter B, agree totally on NewGen. Haven't tried the EpicSki Academy, but given the distance I'll probably be more likely to head back over to Courchevel...
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, like head up to Bridger for some private lessons with Nolo?!?!
ski holidays
There are some great little areas that rock in the vicinity of Big Sky. Bridger. of course, Discovery Basin, and Targhee aren't too far, and if you go to Targhee, Jackson Hole is just over the hill. Yellowstone Park is down the road about 30 miles from Big Sky as well.

If Fox skis at Bridger, I would love to show it off to him as my guest. You too, ssh, if you can get away.
latest report
nolo, that could well be a plan! (Are there many college students around Bridger at that time of the year? Wink )
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
nolo, that could well be a plan! (Are there many college students around Bridger at that time of the year? Wink )

Gotta be Fox, Montana State is a short distance away.

Nolo, how far is Targhee from Big Sky? I never realized they were close to one another.
snow conditions
Coach13, 154 miles (according to mapquest), oh, and you answered a question, but not the specific one I asked Nolo...
snow report
Thanks Fox. BTW, should I read that you're asking about a specific college student? Smile
snow conditions
Coach13, whatever gave you that idea? Wink
snow conditions
There are college students around that time of year. Many universities take January off. They call it paideia, which is Greek for goofing off.
snow report
nolo, oh-oh... Now I HAFTA do it! After applying for the GM role there and doing the research, I'd love to actually get a tour from someone who knows the area. Oh, my, my, my! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
ssh, perhaps we could reconsider the destination of the snowHeads trip?
latest report
ssh, BB hired from within as I suspected they would--our new GM is the former mountain ops guy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nolo wrote:
ssh, BB hired from within as I suspected they would--our new GM is the former mountain ops guy.

That's the way it should be, if qualified people are in house. This kind of follows suit with what I've heard you describe regarding BB's management philosophy. That is, increase the quality of the product by attracting and retaining quality people and allowing the quality to follow. It makes perfect sense to me, I'm amazed other resorts haven't caught on to this.
ski holidays
nolo, that's great! I remember how you appreciate him and his approach. Perhaps I'll even be able to meet him!

Wear The Fox Hat, hey, it's fine with me! Frankly, I think the snowHeads should go to the ESA before anything else...!
latest report
Anyone know how long it would take to drive from Summit County to Big Sky? Given that its an hour and a half to DIA, flying may be more hassle than its worth.
snow report
Lisamer, about 668 miles and 10:16 to drive according to Yahoo! maps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy