Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spam, Spam, Egg and Spam. FOOTWORKS SKIS 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
Footworks Ski Range 2006/7

K2
Apache Chief.

Nancy lady

Phat Luv lady

Seth Vicious

Volkl
AC4 package

Aura lady

Gotama

Mantra

Extreme

5x5

Big 'O'

Patriot

Sweet 'O'

Rossingnol

B Squad Pro

B Squad

B3

B3 lady

B3 Respect touring

Nordica

Doberman GSR W/C (proposed real deal)

Doberman SLR W/C (proposed real deal)

Enforcer

Hot Rod Afterburner

Olympia Conquer lady

Stockli

Stormrider XL

Salomon

XW Fury

Dynastar

Exclusive Legend Powder lady

Legend 4800

Legend 8000

Legend Pro Rider XXL

Legend Pro Rider

W/C GS (proposed real deal)

W/C SL (FIS CLUB VERSION)

Atomic

GS12 W/C (FIS CLUB VERSION)

SL12 w/c (FIS CLU VERSION)

Scott

Mission

Pure (GOD LIKE)

Rosa lady

Tha', Tha' That's all Folks

Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 10-08-06 9:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
<Nelson Munce voice>
SMALLZOOKEEPER is selling Salomon skis! Laughing Laughing Laughing

ha-ha

</Nelson Munce voice>
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will have to pop in for a fondle sometime

What Dynafit compatible touring boots will you be carrying this season?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, I shall be talking very little about our boot range, the hills have eyes! I'll P.M. you.
Wear The Fox Hat, You'll notice it's just one model and she's made of wood!!!!!!!! Razz
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Salomon and wood? Is it balsa wood, or rubber wood?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, Saw Dust! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, held together with overcooked spaghetti?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, No, sour Youghurt. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No Karma?! What the hell will you be advising us to ski now then?

No 8800 either, mmmmmmmm.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, The New Karma has had the plate removed and skis a little more like the K2 Public Enemy, the plate gave the ski great piste performance and made it the best allrounder. We struggled last year to get some of the more, err, seasoned skiers to buy into the youthful freestyle image. This year we have the same versitilty from the; AC4, Fury(shut it FOXY), B3, Hot Rod, which maintain high speed piste performance whilst unlocking off-piste skiing to all. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill, no half measures - go Pro or Pro XXL
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Are you sure about the changed Karma? When I asked Volkl through their US website recently, they stated that the Karma hasn't changed apart from top sheet....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skibomb, Thet's the info i recieved from the Test last year and from Volkl this summer. The plate hasn't been completly removed, just shortened and centralised to be more consistant with freestyle skis. I think maybe Volkl have made a mistake and orders have reduced, therefore the situation maybe unclear dileberatly. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Interesting. This was also the information that was on the telemark-pyrenees website for a while (titanium removed for softer flex of tips...).

I suppose the freestylers have been complaining that the Karmas have been a bit too stiff for landings etc, but this is what made it an allround twin that could could handle jumps etc as well as piste, hardpack and ice. If what you say is true, losing this allround quality would be a shame....

Deliberate misinformation would be very annoying also rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skibomb, Not deliberate mis-information, more a deliberate lack of clarity. I think they're just trying to cover both bases. The Karma once covered the ground left by the Explosive, albiet a little more versitile. Volkl then moved the other way with the Gotama. Therefore having 2 skis replace 1. Since the introduction of the Mantra the Karma was ready for an overhaul to clarify it's freestyle status. Yes it's a shame for those whom discovered it's versitility however with it's subtle changes, it fits better the programme it was designed for. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Is the old 'good' Karma the one with the White-ish top sheet..? or any other distinguishing features..?
latest report
JT, Colours varied with length, sand paper top sheet, 177 was black and red, 184 cream and orangeor green i think. Sieve like memory i have. I would like to point out the Karma is still an excellent ski, best in it's class. To benefit fully from the older model, requires a slalom-like aggresivity on the piste. That said something like the B3 will be more accesable and TURNEY?!?! Twisted Evil
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Ok, you've convinced me...if I'm offered the Karma to ski La Grave, I'll take it in 183/184. I'll put on my list of 8800, B3, Santiago Mission and the Outlaw.
ski holidays
JT, the 'old' 05/06 Karma looks like this:

There are variations on the bottom - some are white, some black, but all the topsheets look like the above pic with only very slight variations.
snow report
skibomb, That's the puppy, i'm stuck well and truley back in the 70's! Previous year is as i described, identical ski, probably from a different tree! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
JT, That i'll be the Scott Mission in 2006/7. She should do everything better than the others on your list! wink
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Don't worry - I'm stuck in the 80s Laughing
snow report
hust a bit of trivia for you the seth Vicious is no longer called the seth Vicious its called 'The Seth' and the Made N ak is now the 'AK enemy' . I think this is a legal thing to do with the sex pistols and Iron Maiden.
ski holidays
Smallzookeeper suprised your not stocking next years Scott p4 . Also it would help if I could spell JUST ^ snowHead
ski holidays
Nick Zotov was smitten with the Scott Santiago Mission at Castleford, and that was without powder.
snow report
Edmundh009, Not heard about that, catalogue and and ski sheets are still holding both names. K2 are cutting it a little fine, however can't see 'Dickenson' or 'Sidney' on skis. Well Sid might be fun for a day. R.I.P.
The P4 is a range we have cut down on, Backcountry Freestyle hasn't really developed, if you do it well and often enough, people give you skis. Hense no Made'n AK, Scratch B/C etc. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
The P4 is beautiful. I wish I had an excuse to buy it - like masses of bigmountain powder in Scotland... snowHead
ski holidays
skibomb, the more float you have, the fewer rocks, stumps and heather you hit underneath?

It's why I take Explosives to ski in New York.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 8-08-06 16:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many thanks guys...no excuses now..!!!!
ski holidays
Except that I've a bit of a crush on the TT-188.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Edmundh009, Not heard about that, catalogue and and ski sheets are still holding both names. K2 are cutting it a little fine, however can't see 'Dickenson' or 'Sidney' on skis. Well Sid might be fun for a day. R.I.P.
The P4 is a range we have cut down on, Backcountry Freestyle hasn't really developed, if you do it well and often enough, people give you skis. Hense no Made'n AK, Scratch B/C etc. Twisted Evil

Any logic to the thought that the twin tip gives you a little extra length for float in the pow but the shorter effective edge makes them more maneouvrable in the trees etc - therefore they make sense as freeride skis ? Is it not the case that the Seth & Gotama/Mantra cover all the bases here anyway or is the Scratch a much softer flex?
latest report
next years scratch BC is a completely new ski as far as I know (fatter). I did read that the Scratch were more difficult to ski than the seth. Suprise the Smallzookeeper hasn't got any of McConkeys Pontoon Skis in as those are real fatties or the Line elizabeth. Though yet again more freestyle orientated, I am guessing that they are alot softer in the tips and tails.
ski holidays
fatbob,

I can see the logic but I tried a Stockli Snake in 180 and it was a real disapointment in deeper snow, It's not the fattest either but I'd want the best part of 10cms on this twin tip to be useable for me
latest report
We have a Policy not to sell skis over 110mm in the waist. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, My waist is 34ins can I still come into your shop?

Your bumps are getting less subtle wink
ski holidays
boredsurfin, The more WASTED you are the better you'll fit in! Twisted Evil
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Congrats on your 2000th post. I'll take the free boots please. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Hadn't even noticed, can't say i pay much attention. What do i win? Twisted Evil
snow report
SZK,

After last year ski trip last year I felt that the Dynastar Legend 8000 & Atomic Sweet Daddy where the best of the bunch of skis that I tried. However I have come to the conclusion that I need a bit of extra width to help me off-piste.

What ski would you recommend over 80mm, for the likes of me, that I could put fritschi’s on? I want to go skinning again in Europe as well as play in the trees and some couloirs at Whistler.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy