Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any news from the folks on Summer ski courses ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Warren Smith etc week long courses in Summer.

Must be too hot for skiing now surely even on the glaciers ?

I believe they only do half days, but even so.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo,

Gde Motte (3300)

Risque d'avalanche Risque faible
Température -2 °C
Hauteur de neige fraîche 0 cm
Hauteur de neige totale 40 cm
Qualité de la neige Douce
Vitesse du vent 20 km/h
Direction du vent Ouest
Visibilité 100 %
Etat du ciel Soleil

Taken from the Tignes website - so it's still cold there ! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, Quelle heure, s'il vous plait ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo, The meteo is usually done in the morning, so 8am I would guess.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Latchigo, Ours is from 06.45 when the first workers get up there. If you want to know, why not read my regular snow reports? I make an effort to put them on Snowheads! I'm surprised that the snow was soft in Tignes this morning - ours was rock hard after an excellent freeze last night - see "snow reports" Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i'm off to Saas-fee on 9th Sept. Keep checking the website and the snow seems to be going down daily hope it holds out for us?!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sparkygirl, Late Aug, September are the worst time of the year for snow cover Crying or Very sad But (it's worth remembering) - however much there is or isn't - it will still be better than being at home. snowHead

I regularly ski at Tignes the August Bank Holiday weekend..and the view - compared to the A20 at Bromley where I'd be racing otherwise, is way better ! Laughing

Have fun. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, So you also teach beginners in Summer.
I can see that intermediates and above would be interested, but why would an absolute beginner be thinking about skiing in Summer ?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Latchigo, why not ?

I started both my kids as beginners at L2A last summer. Plenty else to do if they don't take to it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latchigo,

Quote:

I can see that intermediates and above would be interested, but why would an absolute beginner be thinking about skiing in Summer ?

Good weather, empty (if limited) pistes. Very small class sizes. Lot's of other things to do.

Of course, there is a downside - I remember watching a very dispirited group trudging of into the mist and rain to try and find some flat terrain at Tignes. You could barely see your hand in front of your face...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latchigo, i reckon it's a pretty good introduction. if you go somewhere like LDA, you ski first thing then there are all sorts of things to do in the afternoon - mountain biking, walking, rock climbing, sitting by the pool. So if you really hate skiing, all is not lost. Also the lack of available terrain doesn't bother you so much if you're a beginner, provided there's a nice gentle bit
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Latchigo, All the above + lessons 25% cheaper. Soft snow - it's not cold (usually), great views .... shall I go on???? I do a lot of "taster" lessons in summer. Like a family day out - try skiing - why not? If they like it, hopefully they'll come for a week in winter (or next summer). I have several clients who've never skied in winter and have no intention of doing so! (I think they're nuts, but they know that!) rolling eyes

ski, We have a super nursery slope at 3,400m close to the ice cave, better than the winter ones for first slides. Very Happy Very Happy You really have to give up this bad habit of yours. Shocked wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy