Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000 Traffic

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be traveling from Les Arcs 2000 to Geneva Airport on Saturday 22nd March. My experience in the past suggests there might be heavy traffic getting down the mountain. Can anyone help with these questions:
What is trafiic like from Arcs 2000?
What is the worst time?
And when does it thin out?

Any advice would be gratefully received
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
March 22nd is a fairly low week, so I wouldn't' be overly concerned. We'll be going t'other way from Geneva to Tignes that day.

There is a traffic forecast site here : https://www.autoroutes.fr/en/traffic-forecast.htm

March isn't up yet, but will be after Christmas. It doesn't show traffic east of Albertville, but if it's a sea of red west of Albertville then you can expect problems before then too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@streble@btinternet.com, welcome.

As an Arc1950 resident - ie about 1.5 km down the road, the bit down the hill isn't busy. Its the bit at the bottom, where you get Val d', La Plagne and the rest of the Tarantaise resorts all joining in on a single carriage road to Moutiers, where the 3V join in too. But beyond there tends to be OK, as is dual carriageway and/or motorway all the way to Geneva (unless you go the pretty route via Annecy).

Leave 2000 at any time between 8 and 10, and you are in for a loooong journey. it's why all the TO coach pick-ups tend to be considerably earlier than you think necessary. Although we rarely go to Geneva - drive all the way (or train) - we try to leave at 7, 7:30 to avoid the worst, and although busy, is rarely stopped still (unless accident or snowmageddon).
In summary - the earlier the better. Or wait until after lunch ( a morning's skiing perhaps?) but you'll have to have the right flight time for that.

HTH
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you, there are 4 couples in our group on different flights (ours is 14.55) so we could leave it until about 10.30-11 or suffer a wait at the lovely Geneva airport
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The last time we drove from the Tarantaise Valley we came down from La Rosiere at about 6, even then it was busy in Bourg
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@streble@btinternet.com, Given your check in time is 1300 which is often a minimum at GVA on a Saturday and you need to allow 30 mins to drop your hire car, it’s a schlep from the drop off, you are leaving yourself 2 hours for what would be a 2 hour 20 minute journey in the middle of the day on a wet January Tuesday. Leave much earlier and have a coffee in Annecy, having checked Google maps for a delay at the border.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@streble@btinternet.com, There are a lot of pinch points on that journey as far as Albertville. I'd plan to leave early and then as a precaution leave a bit earlier still. Find somewhere Swiss side for brunch or pay for an airport lounge and make the most of it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@streble@btinternet.com, I used to do Tignes-GVA every summer with my ski club. On a not busy day I would always (then!) allow 3 hours... I would say on a Saturday in the winter you'll want to leave plenty of time. On especially spectacular trip to Lyon took 11 hours..... so 7:30 would be my suggestion...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@streble@btinternet.com,
Can't say if they do it in les Arcs, but tourist info offices give out predictions of vehicle numbers for transfer days a few days before.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy