Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich airport connection time

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at flights for getting from Dublin to the Maurienne at Easter and one of the options is to go to Geneva via Zurich with Swiss. The connection time in ZRH is 65 minutes. Assuming the inbound flight is on time, is 65 minutes enough ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the airline is prepared to sell you the ticket with that connection time they'll protect you if you miss the connecting flight. You're already in Schengen so should be a straightforward connection with no immigration etc.?

Google suggests the MCT is 40 mins, although I can't see this on the ZRH website.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@aberdeenski, Ireland isn’t in Schengen, although my experiences of Zurich is that it’s pretty efficient for passports etc. I’d be more concerned about your bags not making the connection
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EricTheRed, I have regularly flown through Zürich airport. It is one of the easiest and most efficient airports around. No issue with a 65 minute connection time. I didnt think there were any flights between Zürich and Geneva, thought it was a train link though might be wrong.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zurich is a piece of cake. I have done 45 mins connecting from Manchester to East Asia >15-20 times. Obviously if your inbound is significantly delayed it will be an issue but if you arrive on time, 65 mins is plenty of time. Even if you’re 30 mins late you will probably make the next flight Little Angel

I haven’t travelled with check-in luggage since 2007 (unless I’m bringing skis) so can’t comment on the chance of bags making it.. but given the efficiency of ZRH, I wouldn’t expect any issues.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the insights, it's reassuring that the general consensus is the transfer time is do-able. Off to book flights now !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@EricTheRed,
Are there no closer direct flights like to Milan?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good question. The winter flight schedules up to the end of March have 3 direct flights from Dublin to Geneva and 2 direct flights to Lyon every Saturday, but in April there's only one direct flight each to Geneva and Lyon. The problem is they both land after 4pm and so don't allow enough time to get to resort and pick up skis that day for the kids ski school starting first thing the next morning. Turin and Milan flights have the same issue.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@EricTheRed, That's tough, You couldn't ask the rental shop if they could open early?
We're past young children now but I remember one Easter when the kids missed the first day ski school because we forgot the clocks went forward that day. Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@T Bar, the hire shop does actually open 45mins before lessons but I couldn't face the stress of that. Very reasonable flights booked now going via Amsterdam (also with 65 min connection) as there are much better fall back options if we miss the connection.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swiss will rebook you or just stick you on a train if you miss it. You have the benefit of arriving into the D gates not the E gates so you save time by not having to get the little train. They also announce the gates for connecting flights before you come in to land. A gates are max 10min walk, B gates max 5.

Passport control is a bottleneck for non-Schengen but I am assuming you have Irish passports? In which case its 90% quicker.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@EricTheRed, that's surprising about Milan - all 3 Milan airports (you can usually select "any milan" on the search engines - Linate, Malpensa, Bergamo, the latter probably a bit too far)? They usually have best selection of flights ex Dublin, they're forcing me to Italy more or less every trip now
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy