Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nendaz 1st timer - Feb 2025 - advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, 1st time poster on Snowheads so hope this is in the right place.

We (2xkids, 2xadults) are going to Nendaz/4V this Feb half term. I've skiied the area many years ago from the Verbier side but wondered if anyone could offer advice.

- Ski school for kids. Looking at previous threads/online reviews, NeigeAventure looks well regarded and good value. Meeting point is convenient for accommodation too. Any advice on this welcome though.
- Ski passes. Is there any dynamic pricing/sale prices available on these? Assuming not but hoping to be surprised. Will ask ski school for advice on these but suspect Printse passes with daily upgrades as and when conditions suggest it working out best value overall.
- Ski hire. Any places to recommend/avoid? We may take our own kit but currently weighing up cost vs hassle and kids likely growing out of boots etc in the next few months.

- Any advice generally on the mountain/around town, pre/post ski school meetup points, any downtime recommendations etc. We'll be self catering out of a shoebox near the base station, so advice on cheap eats(!) on or off the hill that can match the coop experience will be noted.

Any advice on the above or otherwise much appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Derek Branflake,
Although I've been to Nendaz quite a lot I can't I'm afraid answer many of your specific questions.
We always had a great time though it was in Easter holidays.
There never used to be dynamic pricing but the family discount included parents and was significant.
We were experienced skiers and certainly got full use out of the full area pass though the Printse does cover a lot of skiing.
I don't I'm afraid remember any eats being particularly cheap and we always self catered.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @T Bar, appreciate your response.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,
Ski hire opposite telecabin Gabbi sports was quite good. Regarding food, pizza and fondue going down towards base nendaz and also towards end of shops there used to be a couple of food pop ups Indian, Chinese etc.
we used to drive or ski over to Siviez on the same ski pass, that opened up a far larger area including Vesonnaz, you can also buy a day extension and get to verbier again from Sivier.
Hope this limited info helps - enjoy !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @ Sologuy888 - suggestions added to the list
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good news is that this summer, they completely replaced the return link up from Prarion to Tracouet. They put in a new high-speed gondola a couple of years ago between Siviez<>Plan du Fou<>Prarion. They’ve also replaced the link up from Siviez to Tortin this year as well. So you’ve now got a much easier and fast route into and out of the Verbier section from Nendaz, making it much more streamlined to go into the Vebier section without the previous range anxiety over getting home.

Check the 4 Vallées website for baseline ski pass prices. They have done dynamic charges in previous seasons, but when we got cheap passes, this was for the day and bought on the day itself, outside of term-time, so dynamic pricing may not be much in evidence when you go.

If you get out as far as the Savoleyres (La Tzoumaz) sector then the summit restaurant at Savoleyres is quite good value if you go for the basic sausage and frites, or potage de jour / stroganoff with a roll. The La Tzoumaz sector is north-facing, so it tends to keep the snow better if conditions are sunny and warm. Allow yourselves an hour to comfortably transit from La Tzoumaz to Prarion (if you maximise using lifts for both up and downhill).

I suggest that you don’t ski the Chassoure mogul field before taking a look at it from above on the Tortin<>Lac de Vaux gondola. It’s relentless and there’s no alternative bashed route down once you commit.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 23-10-24 22:21; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Derek Branflake, mate with a place there uses Neige for skis and boots. Suspect you get a discount booking online in advance - I think he has a discount pass which gets similar. As per @LaForet, lift system is much improved but lift pass prices on Verbier side are literally 2 chf extra per day for 4 valleys so check the difference as may be worth just getting 4V for Jumbo, Mont Gele and Savoleyres / La Tzoumaz sectors. Even Brudon is possible with an early start. Eating wise La Tétine on the Tortin piste used to be a good value option for lunch. And the table service restaurant at Tortin is surprisingly good since they upgraded it. Can’t beat a bowl of soup or fondu in the hut up at Mont Fort and Cabane Mont Fort on the Jumbo piste is great in good weather. If you do the loop on that side, the self at Dahu has good quality crepes for circa 10chf and free water which is where we send our kids, or Hot Dogs at Ice Cube are 12chf. There is also a picnic area inside Les Ruinettes if you bring a packed lunch and the weather is bad. Enjoy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, Savoleyres also has a reasonable, if a little Spartan, indoor picnic room. If it’s school holidays,particularly at lunchtimes, you may find that you prefer the relative calmness of the pic-nic rooms to the inevitably busy and crowded public café/restaurant areas.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@LaForet and @BobinCH - that's all great info - noted down thanks. I did think it odd that the 4V pass doesn't seem a huge amount more expensive than the Printse but was concerned how realistic the amount of time to get up top with expected volume of traffic at holiday time. Think it's probably worth going for it anyway, it doesn't take much to brteak even and saves the hassle. All sounds exciting so far...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Derek Branflake wrote:
@LaForet and @BobinCH - that's all great info - noted down thanks. I did think it odd that the 4V pass doesn't seem a huge amount more expensive than the Printse but was concerned how realistic the amount of time to get up top with expected volume of traffic at holiday time. Think it's probably worth going for it anyway, it doesn't take much to brteak even and saves the hassle. All sounds exciting so far...

The Chassoure lift out of Tortin moves fast so it’s pretty easy to get into and out of Tortin into the Verbier sector. Same for Barnes and Funispace out of town / Ruinettes. The lifts that can have longer queues are the Jumbo, Tortin and Mont Fort cable cars and also the old slow bubble out of Savoleyres. I wouldn’t worry about anything else even at Feb half term. The terrain park, skier cross race track and speed gun are all in the La Chaux sector so that’s where I would head with kids
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy