Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Iceland air - experiences?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading over to Whistler in March and was thinking of using Iceland Air as they fly Glasgow - Reykjavik - Vancouver. The reviews look pretty crap on trip advisor though. My daughter used them when she flew out a couple of years ago and thought they were fine but the recent reviews are all 1 star.
Anyone used them and if so, how were they? Quite keen to avoid Heathrow if possible flying from Glasgow or Edinburgh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flew into Reykjavik this summer, no problems with them at all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@boabski, A while back I flew with Icelandair from Glasgow via Reykjavik to Denver. It was fine, but that was about 6 years ago, so things might have changed since then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used them to fly to KEF now and then. As it happened, I used Play and Easyjet last season. They're all the same. Avoiding LHR I can understand.

The only distinguishing thing on those KEF Iceland flights is that a lot of folk on them are not getting off in Iceland [as I always am]. They're doing what you're doing for cost reasons, I suppose. I don't think they have lie flat beds and fancy food and it's obviously going to take longer than a direct flight. The Iceland leg is short and I can't remember if they have videos and stuff on it. You'd presumably want to think about what your body clock is doing during any layover. You could always stop-over in Rekjavik city, which is a 40 minute drive/ shuttle bus away. You might be able to see an active volcano as you fly in. Icelandic beer is good, although maybe don't translate the price.

KEF isn't a large and busy airport so it's probably not particularly unreliable. If you have to transit through somewhere, I think it'll be quite good as that's what it's all set up for. They are in the EEA so Brexit folk are in the slow queue if you have to pass through immigration. I'm not sure you do - transit people may avoid that.

I guess you're comparing transferring there versus transferring at LHR, and if I had that choice KEF would be a winner every time for me.
Internet reviews... I'm not sure I'd put much faith in those, but you can probably find some objective reliability stats if it matters.

If I lived in Glasgow I'd certainly look at all the options for stop-overs and I'd try to avoid LHR.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. We had toyed with staying in Reykjavik for a night on way out but decided against it - planning to stop off in Toronto for a couple of days instead on way home.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boabski, Please let us know what it's like after your trip - ski carriage etc. Looking at going Manchester to Denver myself via Reyk as it's so well-priced. Flew with Virgin recently for a ski trip and absolutely brilliant staff/cabin everything. But they need more ski destinations!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wiigman, leaning towards Air Canada via Frankfurt on way out then direct from Toronto to Edinburgh on way home. Used Air Canada last year and were very good. Similar price too. Should add that we're spending a couple of days in Toronto at end of our trip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy