Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin -La Thuile advice

Poster: A snowHead
I am flying into Turin at the end of January for a short break in La Thuile. We are getting into Turin about 7pm and will be picking up a car.
Some advice From snow heads please
We want to make a short pit stop to a supermarket near to the airport to pick up supplies. Any suggestions of the best one near to the airport which will be open about 8pm midweek?
I will then drive up to La Thuile via the motorway. What is the best way to pay for the tolls? Can I just use a Monzo card? Or is there a better way?
Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stopping in Aosta might also be an option depending on what time the supermarkets close. Last time I was on that motorway I paid by card ok.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don’t think we will be in Aosta until after 9pm so may be a bit late?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@TOOTIE, Maybe check again nearer the time, the big Carrefour in Aosta has been open later in the past.

There looks to be a supermarket in Caselle.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks do you know the name of the supermarket in caselle?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just use your card for the tolls. You can get a doofer/account but hardly worth it for what you're doing. Also for Italy, they have to be linked to the cars reg' so that'd be another complication going online to do that.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TOOTIE wrote:
Thanks do you know the name of the supermarket in caselle?

Google Maps has that kind of information.

It seems that some of those in Caselle close around 8pm.

Whereas the Aldi at Borgaro Torinese is open until 9pm on weekdays, usually one of the cheapest if you're stocking up on essentials too

https://maps.app.goo.gl/6UPxJepiNYBo5GaM8
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you. Yep have had a look at google and most close about 8.30 so may be tight for time if plane delayed.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd recommend getting some cash out at the airport just in case you come across a toll booth that won't take your card. On the motorway near Naples this summer the toll booths weren't taking Visa or Mastercard (but were taking Amex!). I think the toll company had some sort of row with the card schemes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They were taking cards when we were there in July this year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you will have cash and card
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is a decent-sized Bennet just south of the airport, that would be my choice. I would stock up well as grocery options in La Thuile are not great. We normally just use our MasterCard for tolls we just got back from a 4-week trip in Italy and had no problems.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you will take a look
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Advice to have cash is good - Italy is not as card-dominated as UK.

Given tightness of timing (and even if flight is on time, picking up a hire car is always difficult to time exactly) I'd have the makings of a good arrival-meal and first morning breakfast in my baggage. Not fun to arrive at your holiday rental after a long journey and not have a glass of wine and something good to eat!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Also - I've not skied in La Thuile but encountered some "cash only" restaurants elsewhere, even though they might just have been having a tricky day with their internet services.
ski holidays
Went to La Thuile a couple of years ago, think we pretty much exclusively used plastic, decent eating at a reasonable price.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy