Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another which piste ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK at my age and with a lot of miles and many weeks under my belt I shouldn't need to ask this question.
However I have never really been a keen follower of different equipment

I have been skiing for a large number of years mainly on All mountain skis and have a pair of very functional Movement Buzz skis,
My knees are not the very best and last year when the piste conditions were good and the off piste poor part way through a week in Val D'Isere I rented some Volkl's but not sure which model, I'm guessing they were about 80mm waist. They were a revelation much kinder on my knees and superb on hard pack.

Later I went to the dolomites to two centres and rented again some Elan Possibly primetime narrow waisted which were fine but not up to the Volkls and another ski which did not grab me at all.

Off to the Dolomites again this winter late Jan and hopefully at least another week later. Hiring was very pricey and I will probably be better off buying assuming my knees hold out for at least a couple of seasons, the question is which ski?
Suggestions please.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Then why not get some Volkls? Must have been some of their very popular Deacon series.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy