Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich Car hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for reputable car hire companies at Zurich airport?

Convenience & clear pricing (trying to avoid random charges for 'damage') more important than price. We don't hire cars very often, so not sure if the dodgy practices are still a thing (or if they ever were in CH).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
However you go, it's worth looking at a separate insurance for excess charges. For example insurance4carhire.co.uk
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take out a separate car excess insurance policy. Don’t take the hire company’s

Look at moneysavingexpert.com
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
good call on the excess insurance, i'll buy a policy. thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big +1 for insurance4carhire - I scraped an alloy, got charged c£600. Emailed the damage report, the hire agreement and my credit card statement off to them - money in my account within 24hrs. And my next year’s premium stayed the same at about £35.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay wrote:
Big +1 for insurance4carhire - I scraped an alloy, got charged c£600. Emailed the damage report, the hire agreement and my credit card statement off to them - money in my account within 24hrs. And my next year’s premium stayed the same at about £35.

I often purchase car hire excess insurance, but never had to claim and have wondered what would happen if I did, so good to hear of a reliable provider Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've claimed successfully from insurance4carhire (puncture - on dark road on the quiet side of Lake Annecy.....). And there are other positive reports here on Snowheads too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Claimed twice and repaid one when I got refunded by the hire company
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always use Enterprise from Zurich airport, and I always buy their (overpriced) excess insurance. That said, it's usually only for 2-3 days so buying annual insurance probably isn't worth it for me.

Enterprise are apparently the 'least worst' at charging customers for spurious damage. They also don't charge crossborder fees, which probably isn't relevant from Zurich but is a good sign nonetheless.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy