Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Off to Morzine in March and will be hiring skis etc. I’ve skied twice before but the last time was 10 years ago so still a beginner. Is there any value in hiring the intermediate type ski package rather than most basic?

I’m assuming they won’t make me a pro skier but would they make any difference to improving?

I’ve looked up hire shop recommendations on here already but if anyone has any up to date recommendations feel free to add them. I’ll be going for one as close to the Pleney as possible as I’m flying solo with 2 young children.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The one just to the right of the pleney gondola is good. Not so impressed with the intersport one nearby.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From seeing (and trying out) friends hires over the years; most ’basic’ skis are usually beginner skis (bendy and blunt), the 'intermediate' grade skis tend to be your standard carving skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As others have said the basic skis tend to be beginner ones. These get the most mileage because they are older and are the least able to take all the milage and abuse they get so are typically not that great. You are even less likely to get a newish pair in March.

Intermediate skis will give you a better chance of decent skis and you'll potentially have a bit more choice if you don't get on with the first pair they give you.

I recently hired basic skis for a day while my own pair were being repaired and I regretted it within 5 minutes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try the intermediates. If they don't suit, go back and swap for something that does. I can recommend this site for hire.

https://www.skidiscount.co.uk/en/ski-rental
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for Ski Republic, they are cheaper than the others: https://www.ski-republic.com/en
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy