Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Longer term ski rental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to base myself out of Bourg Saint Maurice for ca. 2 months the season, and i'm noticing that on the rental sites you can't reserve skis for more that 2 weeks.
Do you just need to email them / pop in store when they're to arrange a longer term rental?
Also, does anyone have any information on the discount to expect (if any) when renting for >6 weeks?
Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AlIre2024, For that period, I'd say the cost effective answer is to buy a pair!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah id buy a pair, last years models are going super cheap on Ekosport etc or give your local independent retailer a shout and see if they've got anything they can do a deal on.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are some places in France that will do longer-term rentals. Typically the price for a full season is about the same as for three individual weeks. (Based on my knowledge of how it works in Switzerland, where it's quite a common way of doing things.)

Having said that, I've failed to find any around where you're going, but I know of a few in Alsace that do this, typically aiming at kids/families that may go skiing every week or so, given that there are ski resorts within an hour or two's travel. Again, it may not help, but looking at sports shops outside of major ski regions, if you're able to get to them, may be the best way to go.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’d never considered buying a pair before.
My issue is, i’m planning on using these ~8 weeks to significantly improve my skiing, which may mean swapping out skis for different shapes after a while or more realistically wanting to try different types of skis.
Am i being foolish to assume if i contact the ski shop directly (e.g., Intersport) they will sort me out?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AlIre2024, Talk to a ski shop when you get there..... but.... if you are wanting to develop, you will need a somewhat consistent environment. Changing skis every week won't help wink You'll want (need) one set to go back to as your daily ski... That will be something good, but not great, at everything. You'll then want to try fatter for when the snow is fluffy and narrower for when it's hard and icy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AlIre2024, Welcome to SnowHeads.
Hi @ski, Very Happy
8 Weeks rental cost is usualy more than the cost of a pair of new skis, so there has to be a deal to be had in here somewhere.
It depends very much on the person you have to "deal" with.
Idealy you need to speak to the boss or the man who makes rhe decisions.
Go around all the ski shops and "locations de ski" that you can and have the conversation with the boss or whoever pays attention pick your time when its not busy.

Talking to the the right person, I'm sure when you lay your cards on the table you will find that someone is willing to let you "rent" skis, try different sets, every day to work out what suits you most. Probably take home your favourite skis at the end of the the 8 weeks.

I don't know the places down in Bourg, but I'm sure you will go up to Tignes at some stage.
When you do be sure to call in at Mountain Story in Tignes le Lac.
Try your practiced charm on them, even tell them you are a SnowHead.
You may well end up with exactly what you want.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@AlIre2024,
Look at the latest posts on the Tignes thread in the Snow report thread.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DrLawn, Hi! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy