Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: Ski Apparel for Teenager (Size M/L)

Poster: A snowHead
Wanted -

Decent ski clobba in good condition required for teenage son - Shell jacket & pants preferred (no insulation)

6'1" Athletic build so size Medium & Large only pls - £ Waiting

PS - Brand snob so no Mountain Warehouse / Sports Direct / Tog 24 etc (sincere apols!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Deals section over at Absolute Snow, let kiddo get his drip awwwn without droppin' rack boiii! (also sincere apols.)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Deals section over at Absolute Snow, let kiddo get his drip awwwn without droppin' rack boiii! (also sincere apols.)

My thoughts precisely! (whatevs that means) lol
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get with the program daddy-o! Ya boi can't be seen skankin' the Apres in no yeasty old SH troos. Fam don't do that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Richard_Sideways, u bin taking Ingerish lessons from @savaloy_joy? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Richard_Sideways, u bin taking Ingerish lessons from @savaloy_joy? Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nah bruv - near Croydon native, with two kids in the school system... Lets not derail, this is about getting @Baby_Belch some dapper tags.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
'yeasty old SH troos'

Yoo iz a poet bruv - got bars and ting
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is what Plank's was made for, they used to have a cracking sale
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, Westbeach would've been a good call but they're gone now too
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Belch wrote:
Wanted -

Decent ski clobba in good condition required for teenage son - Shell jacket & pants preferred (no insulation)

Sent you a PM
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If he decided not to be so snobbish, Aldi will have some decent enough stuff in the next few weeks. No brands, but decent quality at very reasonable prices.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The French, arguably the most fashionable people on earth love their decathlon ski wear.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Aldi salopettes (for fishing) are superb bang for buck - I have a couple of pairs . . . their merino / silk socks are also great. Will be considering Decathlon as a worst case scenario option lol . . .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vinted is your friend here, plenty of ski jackets on there and you can search by brand
snow report
Lozza1uk wrote:
Vinted is your friend here, plenty of ski jackets on there and you can search by brand

Good shout!
latest report
Belch wrote:
Lozza1uk wrote:

Good shout!

So long as you don't get tempted by the huge number of fake Arc'teryx jackets or duplicated listings which are just a damn nuisance.
ski holidays
Smokies and Wine wrote:
Belch wrote:
Lozza1uk wrote:

Good shout!

So long as you don't get tempted by the huge number of fake Arc'teryx jackets or duplicated listings which are just a damn nuisance.

Funny you should say that - there's seemingly plenty!
ski holidays
This might be my favourite SH thread as the mother of a 13 year old brand snob who is obessed with drip. I recently bought him a North Face jacket for school from Vinted, knowing that North Face has been the go to brand for teens for years. He flat refused to wear it and told me I didnt know what I was talking about. Until he saw a YouTube short of 'winter must have brands'. Guess what was number 1 on the list. Gets worn now.

I had alao noticed the multiple Arc'teryx jackets on there. Different backgrounds but what a coincidence they're all the same colour and price.
snow report
Owlette wrote:
that North Face has been the go to brand for teens for years.

My daughter won’t countenance wearing one for that exact reason.
latest report
Owlette wrote:
This might be my favourite SH thread as the mother of a 13 year old brand snob who is obessed with drip. I recently bought him a North Face jacket for school from Vinted, knowing that North Face has been the go to brand for teens for years. He flat refused to wear it and told me I didnt know what I was talking about. Until he saw a YouTube short of 'winter must have brands'. Guess what was number 1 on the list. Gets worn now.

I had alao noticed the multiple Arc'teryx jackets on there. Different backgrounds but what a coincidence they're all the same colour and price.

Lol - glad you are suffering the same pain

TNF is soooo last year darling - I have a collection of TNF Reaxion TShirts I use in the gym - had a dark camo one that was slightly 'svelte' for me - said teenage son simply NOT interested!

He's got his eyes on all my Arcteryx collection (for casual street use - not skiing I might add) and I've now had to hide it!

Have a contact at Dope Snow so trying to leverage that at the moment . . . .(although its not quite Moncler it appears) . . . . . . .I give up!!!
snow conditions
I have no doubt TNF will be out again soon. He keeps trying to convince me to buy him Trapstar and Hoodrich, neither of which are happening. Especially as Hoodrich tracksuits have taken inspiration from Juicy, but rather than having 'Juicy' across the backside, they have 'Hoodrich' across the crotch.

And I'm the one who hasn't a clue apparently.

Both Mr. O and I have Dope jackets (I live in hoodies wherever possible, so it delights me to be able to wear one to ski), so Big absolutely has no interest in having one, too. He has accepted a Dare2B one from Vinted for this upcoming season as I relented and bought it in his requested black. Last season he wore a bright orange Icepeak one, and the year before a fluorescent green/yellow Rossignol one as I like to be able to pick them out on the slopes, so the priority for him became 'get me out of these neon things and into black'. Never mind, his younger brother already wears the yellow one and will get use out of the orange one. Maybe that's your angle - brands in garish colours or standard fare in a preferred colourway?

Arcteryx for streetwear Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock

I've only seen Arcteryx in the wild at Skimore in Norway. It was hung over a chair of the table behind us in the cafe, and I was admiring it. We predominately ski in France, where as johnny noted, Decathalon is king.
snow conditions
@Owlette, Arcteryx the way forward - I am addicted to it unfortunately - even wear an Arc parka in winter at the football

Trapstar / Billionaire Boys Club and Nike Tech all strewn across the bedroom floor . . .some Hoodrich although this has been relegated more recently. None of them do ski gear unfortunately lol.

Trying to convince him a Napapijri / Carhartt smock might be suitable and that it could be dual function . . . no chance. If only C&A were open like it was when I was a yoof - that would teach him!
ski holidays
@Belch, C&A are still going (online...just) and do just about do some skiwear.

You could always just give the PFY a budget, a checklist of stuff he needs to cover (literally or figuratively) and let him loose on t'internet.
snow conditions
Oh yes, Nike Tech. Big is off school today as he and I had a date with the Minor Injuries Unit following a nasty tackle at football yesterday. That was the outfit of choice for our jolly. I see the top half of it strewn over the other sofa as I type.

They should move into ski gear, they'd make a fortune!

The Napapijari jackets are lovely. A lad at my old school had one (where I worked, not attended, I hasten to add). I bet you're lovely and toasty in that. My ski jacket comes out for pitchside supporting, might as well get the use out of it.
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, C&A . . .seriously? Back in the day (circa 1985) it wasn't so bad / it was de rigeur - I had a black and neon yellow combo that made me ski like a hotdogger (or so I thought)! PFY on a budget not a bad idea . . .

@Owlette, Nike ACG (all conditions gear) still exists; just nowhere near the more ski/snowboard orientated clobber they used to do (which was pretty good)

In a minute hes going to be wearing my RAB touring gear hand me downs in XL!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy