Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys lift price hike 2024/25

Poster: A snowHead
Just received an email from 3 Valleys saying how they have simplified their lift passes for next season and making it sound like a great thing they are doing. Keir Starmer should hire these guys!

The gist of it is:
No more Tribu passes so no discounts for groups of 3 or more with no children.

No more senior passes, so no discount for older people until age 75.

Looks like all of my party in my already booked trip will pay 395 euros. Will try to enjoy what will likely be our last trip to 3 valleys. Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They all went up unfortunately.
Paradiski is 389€ for 6 days or 6.5.
Arlberg reached 423€.
Only PdS is reasonable, 336€ online for 6 days
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's on a par with Val D'isere/Tignes, an equivalent ski area. So I suppose if you want a cheaper lift pass, go to a smaller, less prestigious resort.
I never got the idea of discounts (for anything) just because people happen to be above a certain age....there's running the risk of age discrimination laws, but also a week of skiing is probably more affordable overall for a retired couple than than a family of four who need a larger apartment, ski lessons, four passes, more kit hire etc.
Long term, if I ran a ski resort, I'd be putting any discounts I could afford towards families to help ensure there is the next generation of skiers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
While I agree it's incredibly expensive, that seems to be the cost now for the big resorts - e.g. st Anton €401, tignes Val D is €426. Even Andorra is €360.

Choices are find a smaller resort with cheaper prices and/or find accomodation where pass is included e.g. sunweb, ucpa (I'm sure there is some extra cost built into the price to account for the pass, but also seems like there are great deals.

I won't be going to those places anytime soon. It's simply terrible value for money imo. But I'm fortunate that I have very cheap alternatives. I'm sure the majority will accept it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes I expected a rise but it's the loss of the discounted prices that make it a killer.

Tribu passes were a 20 euro discount and over 65 was a 37.5 euro discount.
Thus 4 skiers with one over 65 goes from 1402.50 last season to 1580 in 2025, a 12.65% increase (versus the full price lift pass going from 375 to 395 which is a 5.3% rise).

I don't know how the publicity people live with themselves portraying this 'simplification' as a good thing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Holy cow! My kids’ (U26) PdS season passes were €459 and my flash-sale season pass was €580. They have week skiers’ pants down don’t they?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

While I agree it's incredibly expensive, that seems to be the cost now for the big resorts - e.g. st Anton €401, tignes Val D is €426. Even Andorra is €360.

Les Arc is charging €348 for a 6 day lift pass. However, my season pass will cost me €657 since I want to add on the queue jumping feature of the essentials pass.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go skiing on a Magic Pass instead. The early-bird price was 399 CHF for this season!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Thus 4 skiers with one over 65 goes from 1402.50 last season to 1580 in 2025

You are talking an increase of less than 8 euros per person per day, in the grand scheme of a holiday it's probably quite an insignificant amount. Especially in one of the most expensive most in demand resorts in the alps.

Quote:

I don't know how the publicity people live with themselves portraying this 'simplification' as a good thing.

Your expectations are far to high if you expect profit driven companies to not try and spin price increases. You make it sound like they are committing crimes against humanity or something Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@HilbertSpace, where is "Magic Pass" is it near Killhope Cross, the best named pass in the UK?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll leave people to judge for theselves:

A WINTER FULL OF SURPRISES
AWAITS YOU

WHAT'S NEW
WITH SKI PASSES
New ski pass offers
This winter, Les 3 Vallées offers redesigned ski passes to simplify your life! With the Family Flex ski pass, available from 3 people and 5 days, everyone pays the children's rate. Enjoy 6 days for the price of 5, perfect for extending the magic. We've also simplified the age categories to make the experience easier and more accessible. It’s the perfect time to fully enjoy your holiday in Les 3 Vallées!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is it too late to say I've already spent over €700 for 7 days pass in 3V next winter (OK so I get unlimited skiing at Whistler, Andermatt, Crans Montana, Park City etc thrown in).

More seriously you can see how the weekly pass rise might soon tip into season pass wars. Probably sucks for people who can only do 6 days per year.

Senior perks are pretty much disappearing from ski industry. Too many silver foxes living too many active lives = too much lost revenue. Arguably better to invest the discount as they have done in families so they get the future revenue streams hooked.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes, are you referring to the Epic Pass?
I just Googled it, it's €930 in the early sale (1025$) and it does cover 3V and a very few others for a week.
Seems like good value for all places, except perhaps Arlberg (3 days) and 4V (5days) where you need to book accommodation in designated (expensive?) hotels.
I am considering it for a future year, will be a good deal due to its Andermatt and Crans Montana plus Madonna coverage as well
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bummer, the Tribu pass was very useful for our groups over the years... @wallport, thanks for the heads up.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Weekly ski pass prices everywhere seem to risen a lot faster than inflation.

Our six days in Kleinwalsteral will be 345 euros. That's for a small, low altitude ski area with awkward connections. I would say that 395 euros for the 3V is quite good value in comparison.
ski holidays
We got a small discount on our Paradiski ski passes for Christmas.

Works out about £50 per person per day. How much do people think it should cost?

As a recall non-discounted prices are 5% higher than last season. Nobody likes an increase but it doesn't feel earth shattering to me.
snow report
Quote:

Works out about £50 per person per day. How much do people think it should cost?

It's a good question. While I balk at the price of a 400euro 6 day lift pass, it's £55 per day. Which is probably in line with going rate for a days entertainment in UK.
latest report
@drporat, yes. I think I got in a bit cheaper so ended up about $980. But it or an Ikon pass are pretty much essential if you intend to ski in N America at all and the Euro equation alone is becoming a little more plausible. I suspect there will be some drive to add partner resorts by both networks so the sale of the passes to Euros becomes more common.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, thanks.
It seems a good deal even without NA and Canada, if only for skiing in various European resorts at the price of one season pass.
latest report
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

It's a good question. While I balk at the price of a 400euro 6 day lift pass, it's £55 per day. Which is probably in line with going rate for a days entertainment in UK.

I paid £120 for a day of Test cricket at Edgbaston last year, to watch England play Australia in the Ashes; and about £100 to see the Foo Fighters concert at Old Trafford this year.

They make skiing look cheap.
ski holidays
@wallport, you are about 6 weeks late to this topic:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=169903
ski holidays
Not particularly comparable in terms of skiing available, but these figures make me pleased that I've just paid €188 for a 6 (7th free) day pass for Ste Foy in March.
snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

I paid £120 for a day of Test cricket at Edgbaston last year, to watch England play Australia in the Ashes; and about £100 to see the Foo Fighters concert at Old Trafford this year.

They make skiing look cheap.

About £130 for a mid-range seat to see England v NZ at Twickenham…

£150 for (very good) seats at Headingley for the India test next year.

So £50 a day for skiing seems a bargain!
snow report
<€450 for a Maurienne valley season pass I believe
ski holidays
We only ski Dolomiti Superski now. It's £790 for a season pass and i'll ski for approx 30 days this season. That's £26 per day. I consider that ridiculously good value given the quality of the infrastructure in the area.
latest report
More on what we pay for our recreation
£20 for 90 minutes of ski coaching on a dry slope
£35 for a couple hours in the snow dome
£10 for as long as you like in red point Worcester climbing centre
Free for a full day climbing at the roaches

Rather more eating in restaurants or drinking in public houses.
snow report
rickboden wrote:
<€450 for a Maurienne valley season pass I believe

€416 (approx £350) for Haute Maurienne valley season pass for 350kms of downhill and 200kms of cross country plus 3 days of free skiing at Bardonecchia (Italy - 2 days in Bardonecchia + 1 day at Vialattea), 3 days of free skiing at Montgenèvre, and 3 days of free skiing at Pralognan la Vanoise

Passes are free for under 5’s and over 75’s.
snow conditions
I'm booked to stay in les Mens from the 13th-20th December. Currently the 3V website is suggesting our passes will be €355.50 PP for the period to cover the whole 3V, but I can't check out. Can I (a bit of a neanderthal but doing my best) take this to mean that when I can check out, the prices will actually be €395 PP?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fallingwithnostyle wrote:
I'm booked to stay in les Mens from the 13th-20th December. Currently the 3V website is suggesting our passes will be €355.50 PP for the period to cover the whole 3V, but I can't check out. Can I (a bit of a neanderthal but doing my best) take this to mean that when I can check out, the prices will actually be €395 PP?

There’s an offer of reduced price of €355 for the period 7th to 20th December, price then rises to €395 from 21st December.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 7-10-24 12:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@fallingwithnostyle, first two weeks of the season are discounted as not all lifts and pistes will be open. The big lifts and the 3V links will be, subject to weather of course. €355.50 is correct for 6 days up to and including Dec 20th. That price excludes carre neige insurance though, which I would strongly recommend at €19.80 extra.
latest report
10 Euros an hour for a huge lift system and 600 kms of runs seems cheap.
ski holidays
Why can't @fallingwithnostyle check out though
latest report
Layne wrote:

Surely he/she can answer that question with a phone call to the pass office? No one here runs their IT
ski holidays
[quote="Layne"]Why can't @fallingwithnostyle check out though

Possibly because online purchasing for this winter is not yet live.
snow report
Quote:

10 Euros an hour for a huge lift system and 600 kms of runs seems cheap.

Reminds me about the claim that in terms of m vertical Heli skiing is actually cheaper than uk snowdome. (I'm not sure if it is, but I wouldn't be surprised).

I paid $100 last winter for a private snowmobile and driver for the day. That's not that much more than a euro lift pass for a vastly superior product. Got over 9000m vert of mostly untracked powder.
snow conditions
That's an amazing deal.
snow report
Quote:
It's day tickets that are becoming a very dear do - eg €76 (full winter price) for a day on 20km of piste at Hintertux this week; or CHF92 for limited skiing on the glacier at Zermatt.

Until the last few years, it felt affordable to just turn up and ski a day, wherever, in the Alps. For seemingly a long time, it was about 30 or 40 euros a day to do that. After covid, it suddenly went to 50 euros-plus. Day tickets must now be getting prohibitively expensive for a lot of people.
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
It's day tickets that are becoming a very dear do - eg €76 (full winter price) for a day on 20km of piste at Hintertux this week; or CHF92 for limited skiing on the glacier at Zermatt.

Until the last few years, it felt affordable to just turn up and ski a day, wherever, in the Alps. For seemingly a long time, it was about 30 or 40 euros a day to do that. After covid, it suddenly went to 50 euros-plus. Day tickets must now be getting prohibitively expensive for a lot of people.

I agree. Day-ticket prices are becoming very steep! rolling eyes
latest report
@blahblahblah, going rate in kyrgyzstan. Last year $100 per day for a seat guided cat skiing or same price for a private snowmobile with driver. If you don't need the guide snowmobile is obviously faster and never waiting for others, simply get to the bottom jump back on on and tell him where to go next. Like I say I did over 9000m very in a day and mostly untracked powder. Easily best day I've ever had on snow.

Quote:

I agree. Day-ticket prices are becoming very steep!

N American model coming to Europe?
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Layne wrote:

Surely he/she can answer that question with a phone call to the pass office? No one here runs their IT

You're probably right - I could have, however conducting clandestine research on my second monitor in the office and thus a quick question on here was easier!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy