Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Seybelles St colomban des villards?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just eyeing this up as a self drive destination as an affordable alternative to Morzine that we have done to death in recent years.

From what I’ve read ski area sounds good. Decent size, cheaper pass just some older lifts to live with.

St Colomban looks out on a limb but with some good accomodation options. Is starting and ending the ski day there ok or a complete pain?

Is the village nice in terms of a bar and restaurant to try a few of the nights?

Or are the main ski villages much better. We are always put off by naff badly equipped kitchens as we like to cook nice evening meals.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A complete pain, you'd be mad to go St Colomban

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 8-10-24 9:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Sybelles ski area is cheap. But one of the ugliest places on planet Earth.

Go to Le Corbier for convenience and cheapness.

Saint-Sorlin for quaintness, but little to do.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Way way out on a limb, been to les sybelles a few times and never bothered the venture all the way over. Best skiing IMHO is over at St Sorlin...sunweb and snowtrex usually have decently priced accomodation over there
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure when you’re going but Colomban is pretty low so can suffer with lack of snow.
La Toussiure is a slightly odd place and very busy in school holidays ( when we’re in the Maurienne)
I would agree that St Sorlin is quaint and has the best skiing.

It’s only another short drive up the valley to Valmieinier or better still Valmorel which has good skiing, quaint little town too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It’s only another short drive up the valley to Valmieinier or better still Valmorel which has good skiing, quaint little town too.

Think you may mean Valloire (linked to Valmeinier) which has great skiing and is a quaint town.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I do indeed mean Valloire Eh oh! sorry for confusion. Valmorek is the other side of St Francois Longchamp- our local resort
Val Loire is a quaint little town- it had a TDF stage finish this year so you could sneak a preview of it on old highlights
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FWIW here is my review of les Sybelles

https://pistehors.com/Xs4XLn8BbNihPQ79v7AC/les-sybelles-maurienne-french-alps

I think there have been lift improvements at St Colomban since then but last year they had difficulty running with the lack of snow, rain, heatwave.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Personally, I would not stay in St Colomban - it sits out on a limb, below the snow line frequently and is a proper pain to get into the main network.
St Sorlin is nicest.
Le Corbier and La Toussuire less pretty but quite functional. I like the Sybelles. But it is like a poor mans 3V.

Valloire up the valley is a nice base - linked with Valmeinier (which is less nice)
Val Cenis is ok too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof wrote:
FWIW here is my review of les Sybelles

https://pistehors.com/Xs4XLn8BbNihPQ79v7AC/les-sybelles-maurienne-french-alps

I think there have been lift improvements at St Colomban since then but last year they had difficulty running with the lack of snow, rain, heatwave.

Au contraire. They axed their most interesting own lift, TKD Ormet, going to the top their hausberg of the same name (1669m, claimed in piste maps as 1700m), in order to get permission to build a gondola right to the top. That's actually a great idea. But now they got to find the funds.

Btw, there's a little mistake in your write-up: St. Colomban is way out to the north, not to west. Otherwise you could never ski down there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy