Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Affordable transfer from Innsbruck airport to Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I'm looking for advice on affordable shared transfer from Innsbruck airport to Ischgl in December from Saturday to Saturday. Something similar to Ben's Bus in France. I could only find Ski-Lifts, and even then it's about £100 per person. Alps2Alps don't operate on the weekends. Many thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just one person, or more in your party?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just two, my husband and I. Thank you
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bus to train station
train to Landeck
bus to Ischgl
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really rate the Innsbruck airport (official?) taxis, book online in advance.

Imho their tariffs, I just checked, are reasonable. Far better value for the time taken than similar taxi journeys in the French Alps for example.

With no hanging around for trains etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As a halfway house take the train to Landeck (regular trains from Innsbruck) and book a transfer from there it will be a lot less than from Innsbruck. The bus from Landeck is rather slow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Transfers in and out of INNS are notoriously expensive. We travel in the other direction to the Val Gardena valley. Whether we try a Selva based company, or an Innsbruck based company, they all come in around the same. There's a whiff of cartel about it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mollerski wrote:
Transfers in and out of INNS are notoriously expensive. We travel in the other direction to the Val Gardena valley. Whether we try a Selva based company, or an Innsbruck based company, they all come in around the same. There's a whiff of cartel about it.

I've often thought this. Perhaps I should buy a big minibus and get a license! Four Seasons are charging €95 each way for a shared transfer from Innsbruck to Mayrhofen for January next year! Shocked
It's €18.80 on bus/train and only takes 50 minutes longer.

Sandhofer are charging €218 one way for up to 4 people!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier, try Taxi Olly - booked the other week for €165 each way for 3 people
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You just don't get cheap transfers in Austria, I'd assume it must be down to their regulations - but public transport tends to be very good. One of our guys has done the Airport->taxi->station->train to Landeck->bus to Ischgl option a couple of times and with a morning flight out of the UK arrived around lunch time and been skiing in the afternoon. Always said it was really easy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
munich_irish wrote:
As a halfway house take the train to Landeck (regular trains from Innsbruck) and book a transfer from there it will be a lot less than from Innsbruck. The bus from Landeck is rather slow.
This would be my plan if I was doing it. Looks like you'd be paying 70 Euros ish each way for the Landeck to Ischgl taxi. If the bus from Landeck is conveniently timed for your arrival I'd be tempted to take that and save the 70 Euros for the sake of 30mins.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
michebiche wrote:

For an at quickest 80 minutes journey, £138.

Decent value.

How much would a journey for that time, cost in the UK? Or French Alps?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 15-10-24 11:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
michebiche wrote:

So €55 each, which works out the same as Sandhofer for 4 people Laughing

As it happens, I have no need for a transfer, I would just drive to Innsbruck, or use my train/bus pass which gives me unlimited public transport for €46 a month and work pay for €40 worth of that!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 15-10-24 11:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow&skifan wrote:
michebiche wrote:

Decent value.

How much would a journey for that time cost in the UK? Or French Alps?

It's only a 60 minute drive, unless there happens to be a load of traffic.

But as a comparison, Geneva airprot to Morzine is a 90 minute drive and that's available with Alpybus for €41.48/£34.60. So for 3 people £103.80. When you compare the need for more fuel useage as well on that journey due to the elevation difference between Geneva and Morzine, which is far greater than Innsbruck to Mayrhofen, then it makes it seem even worse. Fuel efficiency on the Innsbruck to Mayrhofen route is way better than Geneva to Morzine, and only 66% of the journey time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mjit wrote:
You just don't get cheap transfers in Austria, I'd assume it must be down to their regulations - .

That's not accurate.
It's not about regulations.
E.g. the shared Arlberg Express from Zürich to the Arlberg villages. And I think there is also something shared to the Zillertal

Likely reason why it exists in France is the large English market that comes by plane, whilst Austria is still mostly reliant on the German and Dutch markets that come by car mostly.
snow conditions
looks like these guys run a shuttle transfer service from INN to Ischgl @ 9 am, 1 pm, 6 pm if that works with your flight. I've not used it myself as I tend to use a taxi or car hire. €60 per person each way seems pretty good. If not Landeck/Zams by train then bus #260 which runs every 30 mins is probably the cheapest.

https://www.alpentaxi.at/fileadmin/pdf/Presie-Shuttleservice.pdf
snow conditions
@munich_irish, Taxi from Landeck is €100.
snow conditions
@anitahall, https://www.landeck-taxi.at/en/

Try these guys...
ski holidays
swskier wrote:
Snow&skifan wrote:
michebiche wrote:

Decent value.

How much would a journey for that time cost in the UK? Or French Alps?

It's only a 60 minute drive, unless there happens to be a load of traffic.

But as a comparison, Geneva airprot to Morzine is a 90 minute drive and that's available with Alpybus for €41.48/£34.60. So for 3 people £103.80. When you compare the need for more fuel useage as well on that journey due to the elevation difference between Geneva and Morzine, which is far greater than Innsbruck to Mayrhofen, then it makes it seem even worse. Fuel efficiency on the Innsbruck to Mayrhofen route is way better than Geneva to Morzine, and only 66% of the journey time.

Innsbruck Airport to Ischgl is a minimum 80 minutes taxi journey in normal transfer days traffic, we’ve done it many times.
ski holidays
@Snow&skifan, we're referring to Innsbruck - Mayrhofen.

More generally, I'd imagine any shared transfer service would struggle to compete with public transport on frequency and price in an area like this which is well served. Compared to Geneva-Morzine where you can get a couple of very slow TERs to Cluses and you're still 40 mins away - or the Tarentaise which is not well set up for train access from any airport that's not Chambéry. Even then there's often a train only every 2h.
snow report
@anitahall,
Have you asked your hotel for a price on a taxi ?
Whenever we've had a taxi from Innsbruck we've asked our hotel to organise someone local to do it, prices to Seefeld were not much more than taking the train.
ski holidays
Bob wrote:
looks like these guys run a shuttle transfer service from INN to Ischgl @ 9 am, 1 pm, 6 pm if that works with your flight. I've not used it myself as I tend to use a taxi or car hire. €60 per person each way seems pretty good. If not Landeck/Zams by train then bus #260 which runs every 30 mins is probably the cheapest.

https://www.alpentaxi.at/fileadmin/pdf/Presie-Shuttleservice.pdf

Thank you. Their ad is a bit misleading, when I went on to check the price for booking, for 2 people return it actually costs 430 euros. I think 60 euros is based on more than 2 person booking/car as they use minivans.
snow report
musher wrote:
@anitahall,
Have you asked your hotel for a price on a taxi ?
Whenever we've had a taxi from Innsbruck we've asked our hotel to organise someone local to do it, prices to Seefeld were not much more than taking the train.

Thank you for the advice, I will check with our accommodation. The cheapest I can find for 2 people return for a private car transfer is 330 euros at the moment.
snow report
anitahall wrote:

Thank you for the advice, I will check with our accommodation. The cheapest I can find for 2 people return for a private car transfer is 330 euros at the moment.

I would suggest that is about the going rate for Innsbruck - Ischgl return its a 75 to 90 minute journey each way. If you want cheaper then you will have to use the train
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy