Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss/Austrian train timetables.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked a few trips to Ischgl next season...all going with Swiss Air to Zurich (can't beat the free ski carriage!)

I know it's too early for the January SBB/OEBB 25 train timetables but does anyone know if there's still trains to Landeck (Austria) after 16:00 on Saturdays...or are we looking booking a transfer.

Any advice is most welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dazman, current timetable for this Saturday has a direct Zurich Hauptbahnhof to Vienna train leaving at 16:40 and 18:40 both taking 2hrs45mins to Landeck.

I wouldn't foresee too much change to this in the Winter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@swskier, This is what I was hoping....nice one.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dazman, You will need to reserve seats as the train will be busy, also the train leaves from Hauptbahnhof so need to get a very regular train from airport to there. There are buses from Landeck along the Paznauntal but they are fairly slow and not sure what time the last one goes 19:00 ish I guess. You will very likely be looking at a transfer from Landeck, guess cheaper to book rather than grabbing a taxi from outside station.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dazman, Some of the hotels have minibuses, and might be able to collect you from Landeck – it would be worth asking, as I'm sure they could otherwise recommend a taxi you could book.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@munich_irish, For St Patricks week this year the flight was much earlier and we were able to get the train from the airport to St Gallen and then pick up the Landeck train there but we were in time for the bus we also couldn't book seats due the on-going railworks.... but as for the bus, agreed it's not exactly breaking its neck but it's better than the €100 the taxis were looking for!!

I think due to the odd times etc we might be best just getting a transfer from the airport.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy