Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual Travel Insurance with 4 Weeks Winter Sports

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that does 4 weeks cover spread over 4 separate weeks. Googling isn't really helping much for this!

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stevew, from memory, I don't think that sounds any issues under most annual politics?

The limits are normally length of single trip?

Other issues can be around terms of off-piste.

I am currently using Nationwide Flexplus BUT that is about to increase significantly from £13 a month to £19 a month so I am doing a market check at the moment to see if still worth staying with.

That gives car breakdown cover as well both both of us and family for travel insurance
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that does 4 weeks cover spread over 4 separate weeks. Googling isn't really helping much for this!

Thanks in advance.

L&V do
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, thanks. Really looking for a standalone annual policy rather than something tied to a bank account.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rickboden wrote:
stevew wrote:

Thanks in advance.

L&V do

^This. I've got their annual travel insurance with winter sports Premier cover level.
Quote: If you'd like annual multi-trip cover, our Essential policy covers a maximum of 17 days of winter sports activities during the year and our Premier policy covers a maximum of 31 days.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Use snowcard if you want more than 4 weeks you need to select a higher level of activity cover, but reading their definition of a week skiing you should be covered for say 4 bashes at the lower one.
Also covers off piste without a guide, scuba to your qualifications and basically anything fun on holidays, getting expensive though and so far fortunately not had to claim so can’t comment on how they do when you need them
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We used Cover for You last year.

I have done a lot of research into insurance options for this season and if you are riding off-piste then I would also want something like AAC AWS or Carre Neige.

This season we will be using GHIC, and AAC AWS Premium single trip which gives us cover for 3 months.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ wrote:

I am currently using Nationwide Flexplus BUT that is about to increase significantly from £13 a month to £19 a month so I am doing a market check at the moment to see if still worth staying with.
That gives car breakdown cover as well both both of us and family for travel insurance

Same dilemma
£156 for annual insurance was a bargain.
£228 not so - however I am a few years older than when I moved to nationwide & not done a worldwide insurance quote in years.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gored wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Same dilemma
£228 not so - however I am a few years older than when I moved to nationwide & not done a worldwide insurance quote in years.

I'm with Nationwide too but I have to weigh up that they have removed the old f**ts extra £50 cost and it includes European breakdown cover so I am sticking with it
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew wrote:
@NickyJ, thanks. Really looking for a standalone annual policy rather than something tied to a bank account.

Don't look at it as a current account look at it as free pay monthly option. I keep a small balance in there and transfer £13 a month on a standing order from my normal account.

For a family of 4, with 2 cars for breakdown was a no brainer
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone, some great suggestions to look at.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use https://www.worldwideinsure.com/

They do 10, 21 and 31 days winter sports cover.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I use skicover, I asked the guy at their office how they would check on how many days I had been skiing "there aren't any checks" was the reply Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tangowaggon wrote:
I use skicover, I asked the guy at their office how they would check on how many days I had been skiing "there aren't any checks" was the reply Very Happy

I suppose it might come to an "argument" if you had an accident and were asked to prove if you had been on other trips.

My worst purchase was a policy that didn't cover you on avalanche level of 3 and above. Most of the ti.e I'd been at the PSB it had been 3-4
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevew wrote:
tangowaggon wrote:

I suppose it might come to an "argument" if you had an accident and were asked to prove if you had been on other trips.

My worst purchase was a policy that didn't cover you on avalanche level of 3 and above. Most of the ti.e I'd been at the PSB it had been 3-4

How do you prove a negative? I think for practical purposes it must be quite hard for insurers to prove if you've exceeded 17/30 days on an annual policy though of course you're committing fraud if you don't answer the question honestly.

If it's in an extended trip it is of course easy to ask you for outbound travel proof.
ski holidays
Perhaps don’t take any risks that might invalidate a future claim. A friend was medevac’d from Italy this year at a cost to the insurer of £30,000. The daughter of a mate was hospitalised in the US for a couple of months last year, their UK travel insurer met total bills of $700k.
snow report
Quote:

it must be quite hard for insurers to prove if you've exceeded 17/30 days on an annual policy though

If you have a season pass your lift usage is tracked. Also I suspect many people freely give out that info e.g. Strava. How much the insurance companies actually look into it before paying out is another question.
ski holidays
LV annual policy gives 30 days.
snow report
BoardieK wrote:
LV annual policy gives 30 days.

The LV link I gave in my earlier post says for the premium cover it's actually 31 days.
ski holidays
DaveD wrote:
Gored wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Same dilemma

I'm with Nationwide too but I have to weigh up that they have removed the old f**ts extra £50 cost and it includes European breakdown cover so I am sticking with it

I’ve just read the Aviva policy included with Nationwide. There are some key limits that you should be aware of
1. Cover for lost / stolen equipment is very constrained. Line of sight, not from cars, etc. Also only £500 less wear and tear so unlikely to cover decent skis in full.
2. Off piste but only with a guide AND only in areas the resort management considers safe. I would guess that you’re not going to easily get a letter from the resort management saying we thought this was safe if something bad has happened. Plus if they refer to resort management I assume that means you must be in bounds. That would rule out a lot of edge of resort off piste such as Col Pers, Les Pays Desserts and La Sache in l’Espace Killy for example.
3. £1500 baggage doesn’t cover a lot nowadays if you have to replace boots and ski clothing.
4. Looks like waterspouts are pretty much excluded also (didn’t read in too much detail though)

Just worth checking it actually covers what you need in the worst case especially with an username of hors piste snowHead
snow report
rickboden wrote:

I’ve just read the Aviva policy included with Nationwide. There are some key limits that you should be aware of....

4. Looks like waterspouts are pretty much excluded also (didn’t read in too much detail though)

You don't tend to get many waterspouts in the alps though.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@rickboden, the age of our ski equipment makes it worthless on very policy I have studied.

One aspect they have which is missing from a lot is the end supplier failure cover. As we always DIY that's very important to us.
snow conditions
@rickboden, very similar to a lot of policies
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
rickboden wrote:
stevew wrote:

Thanks in advance.

L&V do

^This. I've got their annual travel insurance with winter sports Premier cover level.
Quote: If you'd like annual multi-trip cover, our Essential policy covers a maximum of 17 days of winter sports activities during the year and our Premier policy covers a maximum of 31 days.

+1 for LV snowHead

Haven't had to claim, but their customer service is excellent - I changed from annual Essential to Premium as I wanted the full 31 day's cover, and expected to have to go through the usual tedious sales pitch. But they made the change in seconds and only charged the pro-rata excess for the remaining policy duration.
ski holidays
Just about to get LV quote but just want to highlight:

Quote:

You'll have cover for multiple trips of up to 31 days per trip with our Essential cover, or 90 days per trip with our Premier cover.

The 31 day limit is PER trip
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:

Quote:

You'll have cover for multiple trips of up to 31 days per trip with our Essential cover, or 90 days per trip with our Premier cover.

Just got quote the Premier gives end supplier failure cover, essentials don't. Adding jn same preexisting medical conditions annual policy is £252.91 for us as family. Even at £19 Nationwide flexplus is cheaper than that and I get the breakdown cover included.

I will be doing more quotes...
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:

Quote:

It also applies to the sum of skiing days during the insurance period
ski holidays
rickboden wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Quote:

It also applies to the sum of skiing days during the insurance period

^This
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy