Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet - skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry for the dim question incoming, but does anyone have any experience with how particular easyJet are re skis as luggage? Specifically, if I book “skis” but put them in a snowboard bag with clothing, are they going to get funny about it. I’d have thought it wouldn’t be an issues, but skis and snowboards are separate options on the sports equipment add-ons, which is throwing me off.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PebbleSea, You should be fine to book skis and pack in a coffin bag with clothes, just keep it within the weight allowance. I have done it several times.

This has been discussed a few times before so if you need to read more detailed comments on this topic they are in the forum if you use the search.

Hope this helps! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did that very thing last year and it was no problem. I'd just say I think 'skis' includes a boot bag, whereas 'snowboard' does n't...but does n't matter to you.

Shippo
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just make sure your ski bag with clothes, etc in it is still under 20kg.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Exactly as everyone has said @PebbleSea Very Happy

We brought a snowboard bag, containing 2 pairs of skis, dirty laundry and other kit, back from Geneva in the past couple of weeks. It weighed 18kg and easyjet (as on numerous previous trips to and from the Alps) didn't bat an eyelid. Seems they're happy as long as it's under 20kg and you've paid the fee.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers all!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got stung for an extra couple of kilos in my huge ski bag last winter on return trip with easy jet so just watch the weight, its all they care about!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Important to also note (as I found out to my cost) that you CANNOT share weight across your hold bags and your Ski/snowboard bag.

I.e if you paid for a 23kg hold bag, and it only weighs 21kg. You cannot then expect to take 22kg on your snowboard bag.

(This is different to the general policy across hold bags where weight is shared and if you are over on one bag but under on another, it doesn’t matter)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richie_S wrote:
Important to also note (as I found out to my cost) that you CANNOT share weight across your hold bags and your Ski/snowboard bag.

I.e if you paid for a 23kg hold bag, and it only weighs 21kg. You cannot then expect to take 22kg on your snowboard bag.

(This is different to the general policy across hold bags where weight is shared and if you are over on one bag but under on another, it doesn’t matter)

That wasn’t my experience with easyJet, though it has been a couple of years since I took skis in easyJet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timmycb5 wrote:
Richie_S wrote:

That wasn’t my experience with easyJet, though it has been a couple of years since I took skis in easyJet.

I think the challenge is more down to who serves you. Some people are pragmatic and flexible; others are jobsworths. It’s a lottery that I’m sure we’ve all experienced.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In my experience Easyjets self check in machines don't allow sharing of weight across hold and ski bags.
More of those at major airports now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy