Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Chains time - two pairs for sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Winter is fast approaching, and having changed vehicles I now have two sets surplus to requirements. Both sets are completely unused.

Set One:

Carpoint Universal Flexible Snow Chains - 9mm. Suitable for smaller cars - fit as follows

13" 205/70
14" 185/75, 185/80, 195/70, 215/60, 225/55
15" 175/80, 185/70, 205/55, 205/60, 215/50, 215/55
16" 185/65, 195/55, 195/60, 205/50, 215/45
17" 205/45, 215/40

Set Two

TXR PRO 16mm for 4x4 or Van/Campervan/Motorhome (very heavy duty) - fit as follows

15" 215/80, 225/75, 235/70, 255/60
16" 205/80, 215/75, 215/80, 225/65, 235/60
17" 215/65, 225/60, 235/55
18" 235/50, 245/45
19" 235/45
20" 195/55

£15 per pair, collected from near Grantham
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

Would the 2nd pair be suitable for a car (ie, not a 4x4)?

Thanks

Dave
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okay on a car as long as it has plenty of clearance around the tyre, the chains are 16mm rather than the 8mm of lighter ones for smaller vehicles.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks whereabouts are you?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surely @jesus would have no need of snow chains?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jesus, Just outside Grantham. If you want them let me know when you could collect and I will message you the address.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know you’ve been really clear about the sizes, but do you think they would fit a set of 205/55/R16?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rickboden wrote:
I know you’ve been really clear about the sizes, but do you think they would fit a set of 205/55/R16?

IME it's not worth trying to fit for a size they aren't specced for. Easier to wait until Lidl have theirs in. Never cost more than £30.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rickboden, The sizes are from the package, I wouldn't rely on them for any "slightly off" sizes. Chains really do need to fit exactly. (Which is the issue, as every time I change the vehicle I have to buy new chains!).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobinS wrote:
@rickboden, The sizes are from the package, I wouldn't rely on them for any "slightly off" sizes. Chains really do need to fit exactly. (Which is the issue, as every time I change the vehicle I have to buy new chains!).

Cheers Robin.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy