Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA v Easyjet (most prone to cancelling flights?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, glad to be back on Snowheads after a summer’s break, lovely to see the very early dump over Austria, even if fleeting Madeye-Smiley .

Having already had one BA flight cancellation for next winter, I’m wary.

I can see a load of very suitable flights for Innsbruck in January with both BA and Easyjet. Does either airline have a worse reputation in your recent experiences of cancelling flights to the Alpine regions? This would have a knock on effect on our hotel plans too.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I constantly see BA flights being cancelled last minute.. It's always Easyjet for me.

I'm sure from Gatwick, Easyjet is a safe bet to be honest.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you mean long-term schedule changes causing cancellations or on-the-day cancellations because of ATC problems etc?

You should be pretty safe from the former now as I think both airlines will have their slots pretty much nailed down. Certainly EJ had a spate of cancellations for Liverpool next winter but it was a few months ago now.

And for the latter? Who knows - luck of the draw.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cancellations are now very rare in my experience, unlike a couple of years ago when the Covid recovery meant constant problems.

I’ve taken over 50 flights in the last year (mainly BA) and not had a single cancellation, tho my wife has a Ryanair flight cancelled a few weeks back. My worst delay has been 90 minutes and my total delays under three hours. I wouldn’t stress about it, but I also wouldn’t rely on booking a once-weekly service from one slightly obscure airport to another - then oven if the risk of change is low, the impact is high.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You are more likely to get delays/cancellations due to weather at Innsbruck Airport than you are from BA or easyJet failing to provide the flight you are booked on.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Under normal conditions I don't think either airline has an especially bad reputation for cancellations and when they do happen they are either a long way before the flight (at which point there's generally good availability on other flights on the same route) or last minute (due to weather/strikes/etc at which point it's just "poo-poo happens").

Personally I'd always pick BA out of those two, partly because prices tend to end up about the same once you've added bags to the hold but also because if something does go wrong BA are generally very good at sorting it out. I used to do a lot of London/Edinburgh flights with BA for work and had the odd hick-up, mainly due to weather that either mean being put straight in a pre-paid taxi to get me from the diverted airport to planned airport, or put in a pre-paid taxi to a pre-paid hotel and back in the morning. Maybe you get the same level of service from EasyJet. Maybe...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am sure you can find some stats to tell you broadly, but perhaps not specifailly the Alps, I think Which collate and publish.

Mjit wrote:

Personally I'd always pick BA out of those two, partly because prices tend to end up about the same once you've added bags to the hold but also because if something does go wrong BA are generally very good at sorting it out. I used to do a lot of London/Edinburgh flights with BA for work and had the odd hick-up, mainly due to weather that either mean being put straight in a pre-paid taxi to get me from the diverted airport to planned airport, or put in a pre-paid taxi to a pre-paid hotel and back in the morning. Maybe you get the same level of service from EasyJet. Maybe...

This for me. BA are better if something goes wrong and indeed by the time I add up of the extra's on EJ plus getting out to LGW vs LHR its much of a muchness in price. Plus I can use my Avios on BA whihc can reduce ther price.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
this gives a high level statistical analysis of flights to/from the UK but doesn't talk about specific destinations
https://www.nortonib.co.uk/2024/08/06/worst-airlines-for-cancellations-uk/

"For instance, easyJet had 5,782 cancellations from a total of 349,192 flights (1.6% cancellation rate). Similarly, Ryanair had a fairly low cancellation rate of 0.5%, with only 1,300 out of 275,615 flights being cancelled. Meanwhile, British Airways cancelled 8,505 out of its 268,536 scheduled flights, resulting in a 3.2% cancellation rate."

But we also personally prefer BA and find Easyjet can be more expensive, we recently bought flights to Rome where we paid marginally more for BA Club Europe than Easyjet with bags and standard seats. IIRC it was ca £30 pp return extra, obviously BA economy was a bit cheaper.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@andy from embsay, we are clearly not the only ones with irritation at Easyjet flights from Liverpool changing. I can only assume they open for bookings before they have finalised their actual schedule, and when it is some of those flights don't exist or have moved to a different day.

Having said that, Liverpool is so much better an experience than Manchester if flights fit. I wonder if Easyjet use Liverpool for servicing and the flight schedule isn't just about passenger use but also has to match routine maintenance requirements of aircraft.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@j b, we’ve always flown Manchester as it’s a teensy bit closer but have booked several from Liverpool next winter as mates rave about it. Then most were cancelled or changed to crap times so we’re back at Manchester for most!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy