Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA book of tickets

Poster: A snowHead
I remember reading a while back that BA sold a open book of tickets ie 10 flights for same route to same name but can I find it. Question does any other airline do this ie KLM or SAS?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Presume you are referring to the OptionTown ones? Stopped around Covid time sadly.

https://www.optiontown.com/Worldwide_Sites.do?processAction=paramLnk&p=/01BAFPo1/#no-back-button
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ITA, TAP and Ethiopian are the current options. https://www.optiontown.com/

The ba ones were fab while they lasted.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't rule out Ethiopian Airlines: they actually fly Manchester to Geneva!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HilbertSpace wrote:

Do they have a policy on taking skis?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
HilbertSpace wrote:

Good call

Looks like £130 each way
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Yes, though it costs $100 USD
https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/aa//information/baggage-information/special-baggage

To be fair they do have a mountain higher than the Matterhorn that occasionally sees snow Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HilbertSpace wrote:
Quote:

Yes, though it costs $100 USD
https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/aa//information/baggage-information/special-baggage

To be fair they do have a mountain higher than the Matterhorn that occasionally sees snow Toofy Grin

They have the most comprehensive sports equipment carriage list I have ever seen, including “ a bowling bag, a bowling ball, a pair of shoes”.

But just queuing for Ethiopian Airlines with a ski bag would be quality moment on its own.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I travelled many years ago to Kenya with Ethiopian Airways. I was impressed. We had a layover in Addis which turned out to be longer than planned so they took us into a hotel in town (having taken our passports off us at gunpoint, which was just a tad disconcerting), looked after families first, gave our family (with a 2 and 4 year old) a quadruple room and laid on a good buffet. By the time we were ready to board our boys were exhausted and fell asleep. The captain and his deputy - very beautiful in their immaculate uniforms - picked up the two snotty little things and carried them onto the plane. Can't see a British Air pilot doing that!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The ba ones were fab while they lasted

They were great, if there was a seat available, you could just book it, whatever the price quoted. Many people also used these as a cheap way into half-term flights. I hoped they would reinstate them once things recovered after COVID but alas no. Also a shame with the Eurotunnel ones being dropped too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Origen, this is why it is handy to have 2 UK passports. Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My brother did Ethiopian ManC- GVA in summer. Said check in was an experience but otherwise fantastic
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sno trax wrote:
Quote:

The ba ones were fab while they lasted

They were great, if there was a seat available, you could just book it, whatever the price quoted. Many people also used these as a cheap way into half-term flights.

Optiontown (the agent providing these products) seems to have cottoned onto this use case- the ITA ones it now sells have blackout dates for peak periods unless you pay a supplement.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowdave, shame
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HilbertSpace wrote:

Mrs Swskier flew with them to come and visit me back in April 23. Said it was a good flight. She didn't have any skis with her though unfortunately, I had already driven them out.
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
@snowdave, shame

Yep. In 2019, it seemed like half the population of Snowheads were using these tickets for Feb half term trips.

There's always a new opportunity. 2014-16 was the Easyjet flexi fare fiddle. Then the BA carnets came along. There will be something new again.

And there's always Avios, which still work pretty well. I've got 2 family trips and 2 weekend trips on Avios in the upcoming season.
ski holidays
Cheers for the info. Pity it's stopped now.
snow report
A quick bit on Avios, when it's anything online we shop through the BA Executive online portal, to get points , we pay using BA Amex card, then I use Avios boost around stamens time so long as the cost is below 1p per Avios

How it works https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/12/28/how-does-avios-balance-boost-work/

BA Executive cub eStore https://shopping.ba.com

Avios Balance Booster, https://pgt.shopping.ba.com/booster

If I spend more than 15k in a year there is the companion voucher to throw in the mix too

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 12-09-24 16:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
It kinda looks available to me?

https://www.optiontown.com/Worldwide_Sites.do?processAction=paramLnk&p=/01BAFPo1/
snow report
@under a new name, the website pretends it exists, but unless anything has changed very recently, you can't actually buy the flight pass.
snow report
@snowdave, ah!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy