Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finding a job for the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm a 29F from the UK (but with an Irish passport) - hoping to take a career break and do a ski season. I've got some entry level bar/food service experience, but not loads.
Ideally i'd like to work in the evenings (so bar / restaurant) to maximise time to ski, but I am of course open to other options!
Do you reckon it's still possible to find some work incl accommodation? I've been looking on facebook groups and on various websites, but wondered if anyone had an other tips?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.ski-jobs.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Elfie, you're probably getting late for this season, but more so for accommodation than jobs. Certainly in our valley there's plenty of jobs still being advertised.

If you fancy Austria, then these facebook groups might help:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1730180313877901
https://www.facebook.com/groups/689015504928375
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Elfie,
Try the UK tour operators - the EU passport will be an advantage.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of jobs in our valley. Accommodation, not so common. Good luck though, an EU passport is essential these days. Do you speak any foreign languages?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.arlbergerbergbahnen.com/de/winter/service/offene-stellen/

There were certainly folk speaking with UK English accents working in the self service restaurants last season. As far as I can see all you need, is to be able to work legally and a few words of German, some catering experience helpful. They seem to struggle to get staff. Dont mention UK citizenship if you apply simply say Irish / EU citizen - some Austrians seem to struggle with the concept of dual nationality.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
An Irish passport won’t help you in Andorra any more than any other, but we do have a number of Irish/British bars. I can probably get you the details of the person to contact at an Irish bar in Pas de la Casa and give you names of a bunch of other bars you could try.

If you can speak Spanish or Catalan, then finding somewhere to work here should be fairly straightforward.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess since you’ve been checking Facebook groups, that’s definitely a good start, but it might also be worth reaching out directly to ski resorts or larger hotels that often provide staff housing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you fancy working in St.anton this winter, there are always many positions available. German is by no means a prerequisite. As a 29 Irish passport holder you will have no problem finding a job. Employers prefer to met you face to face, but plenty get jobs by applying on line directly with the business.

If you have the money come out before the season starts, mid November, and meet future colleagues, knock on doors, ask for work. If you have time get a plane ticket for this weekend and get yourself into Cafe Schneider, the current workers preferred hangout, for their summer closing party and meet people. You'll probably have a job before the end of the night.

Long gone are the days of hundreds of ski bums turning up in November looking for work. Now workers often take their pick depending on hours/days per week/money. A large percentage of the new workers only want to share a job with their friend to allow them more time to ski. The bosses have no choice but to offer them work.

Times have changed. Good luck
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy