Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Le Lac 2nd week of April 2025?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First time planning a holiday this late in the season. Work commitments mean we are considering the Easter holidays (12- 19th April ). Would Tignes Le Lac be a decent enough choice for snow ? I have two young children so I dont expect to be covering a great area during our skiing outings and they shall be in ski school in the mornings.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In a nutshell yes, barring a freak season and not including tignes 1800 or Les Brevieres most runs should be open
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snow_badger, Either of the two higher Tignes villages (Le Lac and Val Claret) should be at least as good as any other higher altitude resort at that time of year. Personally, I would recommend staying close to the centre of Le Lac. You would have quick access to a couple of lifts to reach (hopefully) better snow if it's slushy at village level. Also, you would be close to the ski school meeting points. I wouldn't be tempted by cheaper accommodation in 1800 or Le Brev.

Edit. I've just seen your other post where you mention that you're staying near the Paquis/Chaudanne lifts.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 24-08-24 13:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snow_badger, sounds like a good plan. Either there Tignes Val Claret or Val Thorens.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll be as fine in Tignes as anywhere else in the Alps. The link to Val D'Isere will still be open so you've loads of high altitude runs to keep you busy. Everything in Lac & Val Claret is >2,000m.

If you go on the Tignes Webcams, https://tignes.roundshot.com/lac/#/ - you can select a date (little calendar icon on the right on the desktop version) and it'll show you the last few years on a particular day (pick a few different cams as they don't all have every day). Mid April in Le Lac look fine though....loads of snow and it'll only be better higher up the runs.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snow_badger, if nothing is open there, then it's been an awful season!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@paulhinch, I didn't know about the historical webcams. Very interesting.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowball - yeah, you used to be able to go quite a way back. Pretty scary actually to see Climate Change (which obviously isn't happening for some people) happen in real time. The top of The Motte is receding scarily quickly over the years.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulhinch wrote:
You'll be as fine in Tignes as anywhere else in the Alps. The link to Val D'Isere will still be open so you've loads of high altitude runs to keep you busy. Everything in Lac & Val Claret is >2,000m.

If you go on the Tignes Webcams, https://tignes.roundshot.com/lac/#/ - you can select a date (little calendar icon on the right on the desktop version) and it'll show you the last few years on a particular day (pick a few different cams as they don't all have every day). Mid April in Le Lac look fine though....loads of snow and it'll only be better higher up the runs.

Thats very helpful, Thank you
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went at the start of April a few years back. My vote would be for Val Claret as you have the height/higher slopes on your doorstep which gives good snow to play in at the end of the day!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy