Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Fastest Woman To Ski Mont Blanc | Anna DeMonte

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/lOE_Ub11Pl0&t=427s

https://www.powder.com/news/mont-blanc-record-demonte?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=powder082124_10829216
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As long as she's having fun - seems very much type 2 Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
would like to try this too Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's seriously impressive, particularly as a non-local, and having to mentally recover from the fall partway up.

I tried (and failed) to do a ski touring ascent of MB years ago with a mate, on the FKT route. The challenge that partly comes across in her video, is that you're fighting the conditions the whole way. It starts out as horrible refrozen slush, there's 30mins of reasonably skinable snow, then its slush and your skis get heavier and heavier.

Descent is worse - we made it to about 3500m - if you wait for the snow to be skiable up high, you end up needing skins to go downhill later, as it's so sticky and heavy that you barely move on the flatter sections. If you aim for better snow low down, you're skiing ice (on lightweight touring skis, with a heavy pack) up high. Sometimes there's proper blue glacial ice as well - not "icy piste" ice, but something you can't even get an ice hammer into. For those sections, you're just along for the ride, trying to stay upright.

Obviously one of our regulars will now pop up to say how easy it is and anyone with enough money could do sub 4 hrs Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ha ha to the last sentence
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowdave wrote:
That's seriously impressive, particularly as a non-local, and having to mentally recover from the fall partway up.

Obviously one of our regulars will now pop up to say how easy it is and anyone with enough money could do sub 4 hrs Happy

Calling @Whitegold…come in @Whitegold Toofy Grin Toofy Grin rolling eyes
snow report
 Zoenini
Zoenini
I love that the way she talks in the interview you can sense the passion that she has for what she is doing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pha, not even trying.

One of the guides I used in the PdS is joint holder of the world record for; cycling from Geneva or MB, skinning up MB, then skiing back down in one day. Can't remember if they then cycled back to Geneva or not as I've never got past the "Why?" question Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy