Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Kaprun/Zell am See November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking forward to this season. Thinking of an early week skiing in kaprun/Zell am see in November. Historically, seems possible. Anybody done this? and what was your experience?
Did a trip in November about 7 years ago to Italy. Cervinia, but all the skiing was in Zermatt. Lost 2 days as the gondola didn't run cause of high winds. All the same, I had a great time. So I'm looking for a repeat. Planning to get there thru Munich which is unbelievably cheap at the moment. Solo trip. Any experience or advice ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ancient history

Did my first season, with Crystal, back in 1993

Training was in Kaprun the last week of November, including skiing on the glacier

I was a newbie but I remember the conditions being great

Returners were having a ball
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to ski on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier most years late Oct / early Nov. It can be hit and miss. A few times snow conditions were great, other times the pistes were in less than top condition and it was cloudy or foggy.
If the pistes are bad you might want to save your owns skis and rent. Low vis googles/glasses can also come in handy. Best of luck with the conditions. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm looking at around the 18th till 27th. Haven't pitched it to "Head of domestic human resources" yet.....but I'm gonna pitch it to her as an advance fact-finding trip Eh oh!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’d consider other areas. Zell has been opening the upper slopes from the end of November recently. There’s a reasonable possibility of it not being open at all for your visit.
In all likelihood the Kitzsteinhorn glaciers will be open and will have great snow. Some lifts and slopes will not open until December, due to staffing numbers. Most available slopes on the Kitzsteinhorn will either be roped off for slalom runs for teams training or will be used for instructor training. They’ll be limited skiing for the public. Sorry to paint a bleak picture, but that’s how it is now on the Kitzsteinhorn in November.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Screensurfer, I'm guessing you're skiing later in the season too. So the key driver might be lift pass costs. As soon as you hit 13 days it is probably cheaper to get a season pass, or one of the big Austrian Ski anywhere ones. So Salzburgerland Superpass which includes Kaprun, or maybe the Tirol equivalent assuming you're skiing Austria on our other trips.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Austrian Seagull wrote:
I’d consider other areas. Zell has been opening the upper slopes from the end of November recently. There’s a reasonable possibility of it not being open at all for your visit.
In all likelihood the Kitzsteinhorn glaciers will be open and will have great snow. Some lifts and slopes will not open until December, due to staffing numbers. Most available slopes on the Kitzsteinhorn will either be roped off for slalom runs for teams training or will be used for instructor training. They’ll be limited skiing for the public. Sorry to paint a bleak picture, but that’s how it is now on the Kitzsteinhorn in November.

Thanks. That advice is welcome
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Screensurfer, I'm guessing you're skiing later in the season too. So the key driver might be lift pass costs. As soon as you hit 13 days it is probably cheaper to get a season pass, or one of the big Austrian Ski anywhere ones. So Salzburgerland Superpass which includes Kaprun, or maybe the Tirol equivalent assuming you're skiing Austria on our other trips.

Well not really.....a key driver is affordable flights from Dublin and reasonable transfer and accomodation options I'll definitely ski a couple more times in the season. I often do independent fly/drive and sometimes grab last minute bargains with Crystalski. In that regard Munich has been a good gateway....as has Bergamo. At some stage in the future I do hope to spend a season in either Bavaria, Austria or Italy to experience the flexibility of picking an choosing areas and days without it being bookended by flights.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy