Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VAL DISERE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello .18 of us all one family are booked for 14th dec in val .its a logistical challenge so im here asking for recommendations.can anyone recommend somewhere im guessing like underground bar that may be able to accomadate us for a burger or pizza as a group but has some music or a bar type environment/atmosphere .also we need best restaurant recomendations for fondue for our midweek night out .Again looking for atmosphere please
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@picnmix1974, the garage might be a good option for pizza/burger, good atmosphere. Petit danois for music. Check the nights they have music. Pre book
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thank you thats kind.how far away is that from the centre or is it nearer la daille ?last times i went to petit danois was dead no one in and prob not big enough for 18 unless im forgetting it properly
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@picnmix1974, the garage is a few stops on the bus from la daille...the bus stops outside..., or maybe around 15 minutes walk

If there is music at the danois it will be busier than if not. You could reserve three booth tables
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yes 7 younger ones just looking for first night local stop.stopping nearer petit danois maybe will try that thank you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@picnmix1974, sorry, misread...thought you were staying at la daille. Le garage is on the way to la daille on the left, opposite Bar XV. Pretty close to petit danois
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no stopping 300 yards from pd side of the face slope so was looking for somnewhere to go after we picked up 18 sets of ski equipment haha .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@picnmix1974, nowhere is very far from the centre. Google maps is your friend
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yeh will.do was more to find out which are the best restaurants for families early evening that may have a bit of life in them but uve pretty much answered that for me thank you
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't know Val d'Isere well, but I imagine that it will not be in full swing that early in the season. Though by the same token they should be glad of a big lively group!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@picnmix1974, It will be busier than you think that week in town with plenty atmosphere whereever you go, so you are right to plan ahead. The restaurants shut down around 1 September and re open the end of November so don’t expect being able to book too far in advance.
For the UK market it’s a big University week so they bring there own liveliness, also as some private schools have broken up for the festive holidays many family’s take advantage of the cheaper early season prices.
Also not sure of the exact dates on the FIS racing calendar yet for December but traditionally that’s also the week of the Ladies downhill in Val d’Isere.
Add in the arrival of the British Army ski group for 6 weeks.
Town is busy but the slopes are very quiet.

As a large group I’m guessing your accommodation provider can help with reservations when the season starts.
If you want a traditional fondue/raclette look at Corniche, Fondue Factory, Barillion.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thats very kind of you to give such aa great response.yes we booked thinkign for 18 it would be a bit cheaper but noticed the womens slalom would by on the night we arrive so should be lively.
i went on the 9th dec fot ten years and it wasnt overly busy which is fine as long as their is some life .thanks again .we might try the fondue factory this time having tried the others
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy