Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - Inghams Resort Rep

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I’m going to be a resort rep in St Anton working for Inghams during the 24/25 season. Would really appreciate it if anyone has any tips or anything about the resort itself and as a rep for inghams?

Thank you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ritrii, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Although I have been to St. Anton there are many other sHs who know more about the area so I'll leave them to give you any tips on the area.

As regards being a rep there I presume you've asked for information on https://www.natives.co.uk/ ?

Edit: I'd half forgotten that the natives forum closed some years ago, that website I gave now seems just to be a site for advertising ski season jobs.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 27-07-24 19:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Work out where the best bars are for what sort of apres. Learn some tricks for getting around the mountain and avoiding Happy Valley at peak time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you! I have not asked for any info on natives, but I will now. Would be nice to get some information who has worked as a rep for Inghams recently as I’ve seen so many things but from a long time ago.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For context, I already have the job. I’ve signed the contract and all.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ritrii,
Have you worked a season before?
What is the Inghams job description?
This may help
http://www.bestskijobs.co.uk/ski-resort-rep.php
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Alastair Pink, The natives forum stopped years and years ago, but used to be a great source of tour operator info and banter.

tips (from an ex anton rep) ... well the resort is a banger, you'll have a great time, inghams are a decent company and treat their staff fairly and advertise their product accurately,so... be on time, do the job expected of you and don't be work political or try and re-invent the wheel, by that i mean just do your job, don't moan and try and change things. It's not your standard 9-5 and things pop up all the time that you'll need to deal with so be flexible and ready. You are in safe hands as your in resort manager has been there years and knows the job and the place inside out, as well as being a top person. They will send you on a training course and tell you everything you need to know, be on extra good behaviour during this week and your first weeks in the job.... you are being assesed. Inghams have a couple of chalets there so instant friends and colleagues, but try and also get to meet people beyond your work colleagues, easily done as it's a very social place where lots of people come to work or ski for the winter. What else... be punctual, be presentable... even if you pulled a massive bender the night before. The more you put into your work, colleagues and friends the more you'll get out of your time there. Ski/board/slide at every opportunity, get a lesson or two if you are a beginner from ski school or somebody who can actually teach. Don't be an arrogant ****. Think that about covers it. Oh yes... and it's not nicknamed St Manton for nothing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hsdee, Pretty much agree with almost all you said. but not certain to have a manager thats been either any kind of manager or specifically a St Anton manager. Nice if it is but don't expect it. He or she could also be doing their first season!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ritrii, I've only been to St Anton once, really liked it. The one piece of advice I'd give you is avoid the St Anton thread on this forum. It's populated by over opinionated argumentative willy wavers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Old Man Of Lech, Generally that is true, but in this instance, which i probably should have clarified above, i stand by my comment as it happens to be a pal of mine.

@rogg where is the like button ? that comment deserves a like Laughing snowHead Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rogg, that’s quite an opinion, coming from someone who visited just once….
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@hsdee Thanks for all the info, appreciate all that I can get! Been skiing many times before, but never in Austria. Not sure how much time I will get to ski while working as a resort rep, but looking forward to it all. If theres ever any other info, then let me know by PM or on this thread. Thanks again!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76751&highlight=

I have been once, comments in the above thread.

I have been to Austria before, for a week in Vienna (about 1992), due to free flight offer at that time with BA when you bought a Sony TV or video recorder.

You will probably want to make your own list of things which you find important. Unlikely to be what other people prioritize though, and so look at it from the point of view of your clients (likely they have more money than sense)

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 28-07-24 16:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Langerzug wrote:
...coming from someone who visited just once….
I suspect he visited the thread in question more than once, although I think there's an argument for one time being sufficient, now you point it out.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There are many videos on Utube regarding drunk skiers after visiting the piste side apres ski, skiing down the short bit to the village.

http://youtube.com/v/dy5Zby9oUFk

WARNING!
snow report
@ritrii,
One tip for anyone working for a TO, but especially reps. NEVER wear your company branded kit when up the mountain - if one of your punters is having a problem & sees the kit it will rapidly become your problem and bang goes your mountain time and/or day off.
snow report
@Kenzie Thanks for the tip! Wouldn’t have thought to do so just in case as I’ll have to take all the time in the mountain I can get!
ski holidays
@Bigtipper, That's hilarious, he's literally at the bottom of the mountain, at the parking.

ritrii wrote:
@hsdee Thanks for all the info, appreciate all that I can get! Been skiing many times before, but never in Austria. Not sure how much time I will get to ski while working as a resort rep, but looking forward to it all. If theres ever any other info, then let me know by PM or on this thread. Thanks again!

One day a week you'll be off to the airport so no skiing, all the other days you'll probably get a window to ski, some longer than others. There'll be a lot of work the first few weeks but after that.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 28-07-24 20:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Bigtipper, Not sure where those folk have been, they appear to be next to the coffee shop in the Nassereinbahn. The main apres drinking spots are a good bit further away along the home run above the Galzigbahn. There are videos of very drunk folk (Swedish??) attempting to ski down in the dark after being in the Mooserwirt. Funny in a way but also sad, there have been fatalities as a result of people falling into a nearby stream. Much more sensible to get a taxi back down. Fingers crossed Inghams customers' have more sense and dont need medical attention as a result of apres activities!
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
@Bigtipper, Not sure where those folk have been, they appear to be next to the coffee shop in the Nassereinbahn. The main apres drinking spots are a good bit further away along the home run above the Galzigbahn. There are videos of very drunk folk (Swedish??) attempting to ski down in the dark after being in the Mooserwirt. Funny in a way but also sad, there have been fatalities as a result of people falling into a nearby stream. Much more sensible to get a taxi back down. Fingers crossed Inghams customers' have more sense and dont need medical attention as a result of apres activities!

I believe there was also one fatality where a Brit left the Mooserwirt in the dark and skied into an open barn impaling himself on some farm equipment! Shocked
ski holidays
@rogg, despite my ridiculous username, I tend to agree - the St Anton thread is quite something Very Happy
ski holidays
I've never really looked at the thread as I don't much like St Anton and definitely don't like Stanton, but I'm curious now. Where is the thread? I can't find it.
snow report
As a tip, make sure to find the best bars for après-ski and learn how to navigate the mountain to avoid the crowds in Happy Valley during peak times.
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:

I believe there was also one fatality where a Brit left the Mooserwirt in the dark and skied into an open barn impaling himself on some farm equipment! Shocked

I think that might be an urban myth, the Mooserwirt itself used to be a barn. When the current owner took over the farm from his father he sold off the cows to a cousin and turned the barn into a bar. A very wise business decision! I dont believe there are any barns left on the piste below the Moose, much better to turn them into hotels. There a few small sheds dotted about (no idea as to what purpose, for storing fencing I guess) which I suppose could pose a danger to drunken fools.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, I think it may have been this incident. No mention of the farming equipment in the report though.
snow report
@Alastair Pink, He must had crashed into to one of those small sheds, hardly an "Alpine hut" as described by the Times!. Last season at one point I stayed for a couple of nights in a room overlooking the Galzigbahn. There was a queue of taxis taking away those who skied down in the dark until 9pm! The piste bashers avoided that particular area until after 9pm (running over drunk skiers is not good PR!). Gunnar Menthe mentioned in the article sold the KK some years back and opened a gasthof - The Reselehof which is one of the nicest places to stay in St Anton. Sadly about 18 months ago he had a serious skiing accident from which he never recovered, very much a loss to the village.
ski holidays
Thanks for the info @PeakyB and everyone else! Didn’t think I’d get many replies at all, but appreciate it all. Looking forward to the season and hope it’s good!
latest report
Sure you’ll have a great season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Get through to post New Year weeks without getting injured/sacked/disillusioned and you'll find yourself enjoying it, and getting yourself up the mountain more. Don't worry, it's the same for everyone, but especially newbies, with the ultra-steep learning curve. wink
latest report
Been a rep before, but never during a ski season, but sounds like solid advice. Appreciate it!
snow report
@ritrii,
Quote:

Thanks for the info @PeakyB and everyone else! Didn’t think I’d get many replies at all

You're welcome. We'll expect an advance copy of your ski season diary, of course, before it hits the tabloids.

Talk of skiing after drink reminds me. On only our 2nd week of skiing, in Livigno, drinking grappa in a tiny mountain bar before the last run was a thing.
Remember it snowing and dark one evening, skiing down the side of the main road, wing mirrors passing about a metre from us Shocked

Shudder to think of the dent my head could've put in one of those rotting Lancia wings.

@ritrii, this was before elf n safety was invented, so don't do it.
latest report
Just giving this a bump to see if there’s any recent reps who have worked at st Anton before or if there’s any more info!Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy