Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying snowboard gear in Vancouver?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, I'm travelling to Vancouver in September, is there any good places to buy snowboard boots? I'm from Ireland so we don't really have any snowboard/ski shops. I'll also be heading up to Whistler at some point if it would be better to wait until I'm there. Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used to be a bunch of places around the old Westbeach store at W 4th Ave. Whistler may not have all their stock out but you can probably find stuff at various WB stores. WB Outlet stores at Squamish (big) and next to the Grocery store in the village (small) also worth trying though you'll have to self fit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The places on W 4th were there last time I was over (last year).
Not sure what the selection will be like at that time of year but it’s a nice enough place for a wander anyway, and not too far from Granville Island if you’re doing the tourist thing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's also this place in Vancouver

https://maps.app.goo.gl/nzK8QZTDQ9zYQ73j6?g_st=ac

Best deals are online where I bought a jacket and had it delivered to the hotel. Whistler had a few shops but not much for selections. I think September will be too early to have the full range for the coming season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The chance of oversizing is really the big issue where cost is secondary.
So probably buy in Whistler where they may have better more experienced fitters in snowboard stores with a good sales reputation/point of return vs some salesman selling on price.

Salesman WILL sell you whatever is on the shelf and you will be very happy instore paying for it until your foot starts moving in the oversized boot from downhill speed/forces etc .
Causing a multitude of issues ....each and every one will hurt like hell and fk your trip up.
Your not buying shoes .

About 85% are in oversized boots ie lenght and/or volume and your ripe enough to fall right into that catagory as most everyone does .
Just about everyone has a story its a long learning curve that really comes from doing many seasons

Finding someone experienced to fit you more right than wrong is the key point not cost ...... buying on price isnt going to do it and will fail at your cost .
Its a very well worn path people go 10-20-30 years in ill fitting boots buying pair after pair .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy