Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires vs Kitzbuhel for family Dec 16-21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My family (kids 9 and 5) went to Les Menuires during the same week last year and had an excellent experience. Since we're each at different skill levels, our favorite feature was the ESF group lessons for both kids and adults of all abilities. I also felt better being within driving distance of Val Thorens in case snow conditions were bad. We'd ideally like to have a similar experience this year, but we'd also like to try somewhere new. Kitzbuhel was recommended by friends as being family friendly and beautiful, but my early research raised a few questions. I haven't been able to find intermediate adult group lessons on any of the ski schools' websites; do options exist once you actually arrive? I've also read that the resort opens early season and has very good snow making, but other posts here have said the snow isn't reliable. Does the early season mostly consist of artificial snow and/or a few high elevation areas that aren't accessible for beginners? Any other differences I should consider between the two?

I'm also open to other suggestions given our preferences (snow sure, good group lessons). Would Dolomiti Superski be worth considering? We've been there a couple times in the summer and love the area, but I wasn't sure how easy it is to move around the huge area, or whether one of the resorts would be large enough for us to stay for the week. Thanks very much for any suggestions!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@billdozer78, I like Kitzbühel but not sure it is for you especially early season. Also bear in mind that last season had good early season conditions that is becoming less usual. Yes Kitzbühel does open early but that is one piste at Pass Thurn only really of interest to the local ski clubs. The area near Kitzbühel itself is far less snow sure and I would say not reliable pre Christmas. There are various reliable Austrian options, Ischgl for example, but you might be better off looking at the Dolomites. The other issue you might find is pre Christmas is low season and the ski schools are unlikely to be offering a full range of group courses that week. In years with good early season snow I have often found myself skiing on deserted pistes very few other folk were around.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy