Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Golden Moment of Last Season

Poster: A snowHead
I was lucky enough to go to Arraba on the Birthday Bash.
There was a helicopter messing around in the sky and almost everyone was watching the flying display.
I ignored it and just started skiing down a long straight piste that went down under a gondola.
There was nobody else on it... I have never skied so fast, carving every turn on this empty piste.
When I reached the bottom I had to wait at least 2 minutes before anyone else arrived.
OK, it was only skiing with turns every 3 seconds
but for me, it made the whole week special.
All those lessons, all those years of practice, all those trips to the fridge.. it had all come together for this.

I'd love to thank all of you Birthday Bashers for your great company.

Has anyone else had a Golden Moment last season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a buddy who always says that he's just looking for one eye-watering run each week, which for him is your "golden moment" I suppose.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2 days spring to mind.

One Saturday morning I went to the tiny ski area opposite my house, Gerlosstein. I only had a couple of hours to ski, but in that time I saw 3 other people below me on one lift, and I skied down a run the same time as another woman. Pretty impressive to barely see anyone considering there's 7 runs there. Oh, and there was boot deep fresh powder on the pistes. It was absolute bliss!

The other moment was a Friday afternoon. I finished work as I tried to do all season around 2/2.30 and went up to meet Mrs Swskier as the day was coming to an end in the restaurant she was working at on the slopes in Mayrhofen. It was mid march by now, so very much spring, but in the space of a couple of hours around early afternoon while I was working we had 10/15cm of snow outside the apartment in the valley. Usually on a Friday we would just ski back to the gondola together and come down. This time though we decided to do one extra run by taking the Larchwald lift and skiing the red run underneath it. There was basically no one there as by now it was 4 o'clock and everyone had headed down for the day. It was her first real try at skiing powder and I have a photo of her on piste stood in knee deep powder. It was one of the most amounts of fun I've ever had in a single run.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing the Johan Clarey run down to Tignes Le Lac with my eldest son in boot deep powder. Almost first tracks, no-one else on it, his first real experience of powder, both of us 'enjoying the silence'. Life doesn't get much better!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@garfy1971, if it was around 20th April I did the same April, but at 1pm in the cloud it was MUCH less fun Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a good question. I probably had many memorable runs but it may be a bit quanity over qualtity to specifically identify one. Perhaps skiing private powder on piste in Orelle with @rob@rar, @penelope and @bigben was the best.

This was my real literal golden moment though

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, wow!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skiing powder on the big face behind Ste Foy just before Christmas with only a couple of tracks there before us (on another bit of it)

Also on the second day of the Spring Off Piste Bash at Serre Chevalier, skiing perfect powder down the big face under the Yret lift. Its quite a steep face but it was so easy. Luxury.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My best moment was right at the beginning, getting back on skis after ACLR and being told I wasn't favouring the "bad" leg wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Too many to even remember. Usually get something special most days and very thankful for that Eh oh!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doing laps of La Longia on deserted pistes, in perfect conditions on a sunny Saturday (transfer day).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bitter sweet for me, but getting back on skis on 9th March, 13 weeks and 6 days after fracturing my humerus…and even skiing off piste that week.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 24-05-24 22:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fortune to have great conditions and lots of untracked powder this winter. This was a pretty normal day:

Not a single moment, but private snowmobile driver for the day was easily my best day on snow ever. Just under 10,000m vert with about 30-40cm untracked fresh powder. Get to the bottom and he's there asking which zone next and driving me straight back up.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No golden showers this season.

Particularly enjoyed an unexpected vertical offpiste cliff huck, in March, after wrongturning in a forest in Italy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Whitegold, yeah, whatever, we all know you don’t actually ski … rolling eyes
ski holidays
My wife and I had crossed the pond to see our granddaughter and had a couple of season end days at Sun Peaks booked for the family. It was great. We brought our clothes and our boots with us and hired the rest.
Went for a walk down the main drag before we left, when all the lights and tills and everything on every shop went dead. Got chatting to George, can’t remember the name of his shop, but we told him we were planning to make a road trip of the return to Vancouver, he told us to go by Joffre and Duffey lakes as we chatted and hoped the tills would open up.
We made it to Lillooet on day 1. (After stopping at Hungry Herbies drive in in Cache Creek)Whose motto was “guaranteed rugged” but the way it was written, we both read it as “guarantee drugged”
Stayed in a suitably terrible motel where the radiator was gaffa taped to the wall.
The next day we left town in a flurry of snow, got a little hesitant when the driver in front did a u-turn and headed back to town, these roads can bite, drove through marble canyon (a treat for the eyes ) and stopped at both lakes.
After that we drove thru enough poverty (aka indigenous population ) that had us questioning what Canada was all about. Stray dogs and a rusting collection of vehicles piled up on the land that had your address spray painted on your front wall.
Anyway, we get to Pemberton for lunch, and my wife says “whistler is only a few miles down the road, and we have our gear, it would be rude not to”.
I was easily sold. We googled hotels on the way…. It was expensive for a day ticket, hotel for the night and ski hire… btw, the rossignol react that the hire shop gave me were untrustworthy compared to the Stocklis in SunPeaks.
But it snowed all the way on the drive in.
One day in Whistler. Getting to grasps with all the talk of it v Blackcomb. Chatting to the locals on the lifts of where is the best to go.

It was a wonderful day.
ski holidays
Perty wrote:
Bitter sweet for me, but getting back on skis on 9th March, 13 weeks and 6 days after fracturing my humerus…and even skiing off piste that week.

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
No golden showers this season.

Particularly enjoyed an unexpected vertical offpiste cliff huck, in March, after wrongturning in a forest in Italy.

Trip report?
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, it certainly was a great day. My fave of the season too. Someone to follow in front and someone behind to scoop me up just in case does wonders for a girls confidence! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy