Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St foy to Villaroger(leArcs) + Parking or Bus ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Staying in St Foy , Résidence Club MMV L'Etoile des Cimes,but might try a few days skiing in Le Arcs .
Villaroger looks like a 15 min drive but would only try it if the roads were clear/clear day

1)Is there public transport ?? We have a car if not
2)Is there Parking at Villaroger
3)Do you have to pay
4)Can you buy a ski pass there

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes there is (free as far as I remember) parking at Villaroger which is just across the valley, and I have never known the roads closed, though I suppose they have to be cleared after a dump. After all, people live up that road. However, no, as far as I know there is no public transport (but it would be worth checking: we didn't really check as our hotel took people there in their minibus free of charge or other times I was with a guide with a van). Of course there is a bus down to the main road from the resort, and along it.
Yes, you can buy a lift pass at the lift and the bored woman in the office will be pleased to see you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bear in mind that Villaroger is right at the edge of the Les Arcs domain and you will need to take three chairs up just to get to Arc 2000. The first two of these are very old (1982) and slow. You might be better off driving to Bourg St M and taking the funicular (pay for parking - don't know how much) up to Arc 1600 which is more central.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1)Is there public transport ?? We have a car if not
There is no public transport. It's a 15 t0 20 minute drive down to Ste Foy Chef-Lieu and back up the other side of the valley

2)Is there Parking at Villaroger
There is plenty of parking

3)Do you have to pay
If you have a season pass, you get a free day, else you have to pay. Not sure if a one week ticket at Ste Foy gives you any discount on daily rates at Villaroger

4)Can you buy a ski pass there
Yes, the ticket office is in the corner of the car park just below the lift
https://maps.app.goo.gl/18JkhHpy4kTsCduN7

as @195062 says it's a three-lift odyssey up to the Arc 2000 bowl and thus quite a lengthy ski home at the end of the day. BSM and the funicular is perhaps a little further away. Tignes is also about 20 minutes away up the valley, again there's plenty of parking and a few lifts up to them in area, they are though much faster modern gondolas in this case in which one can download at the end of a tiring day
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nbt, he meant do you have to pay for parking
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx, ah right, of course. I'm not thinking things through, but some ski areas do offer a free day elsewhere on a six-day pass (e.g. we had a day out at La Thuile when skiing Courmayeur)

@wasley, parking is free at Villaroger. Not sure about Tignes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the advice

@nbt , We went to Tignes in 2023 so probably stick to Le Arcs if we do venture out . I do know free parking at Tignes has albeit disappeared as we discovered in 2023 .A company runs the parking now and any of the previous free parking areas are now payment
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wasley, Another option if you just fancy a day out is to go to La Rosiere, again around 20 minutes, and lets you save Les Arcs for another (dedicated) trip.
Having said that I've now skiied 5 weeks in Ste Foy, of which I've spent 3 days skiing elsewhere. I get that some people like to experience different things, but it's not mandatory
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is two lifts, not three to get to Arc 2000 and it would take longer to travel to Bourg St Maurice first. Unless you are aiming for Arc 1800, but as far as I am concerned Arc 2000 has the best skiing. And what is wrong with a very long piste to get home? The Villaroger piste is one of the best. Or if you are into off-piste, the back of the Aiguille Rouge down to Villaroger is some of the best in the Alps (though relatively or actually steep).
Talking of off piste: if you hire a guide in Ste Foy to ski the (huge) back of the mountain, there is a bus back from La Masure (but not before Christmas week).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

It is two lifts, not three to get to Arc 2000

It's three - Replats, Violettes, then Droset. I suppose you could from Violettes you could ski Rhonaz then take Comborciere over into the 1600 bowl, or the new Pre St Esprit bubble, but I seem to recall that Rhonaz isn't always open?

Quote:

what is wrong with a very long piste to get home

If you're feeling great then nothing, as you say it's a great piste in the right conditions. When Mrs NBT and I last skied it, however, the temps were around 20 deg, we'd had a long day sking already and then had to ski down the homeward run after it had been exposed to a hot sun all day, got chopped to buggery by all the skier traffic, and then begun to refreeze as the sun had dipped behind the mountains. It was challenging to say the least, especially as we were already feeling the effects of a day skiing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The car park at Villaroger is usually quiet and the lifts are not that busy in the morning. Equally the run home at the end of the day if quiet compared to others. It's definitely worth doing, don't be put off by the old lift at the beginning of the day as you'll only use those the once.

I've stayed in Villaroger the past couple of years and typically skied Saint foy, Les arcs and la Rosière.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt wrote:
Quote:

It is two lifts, not three to get to Arc 2000

It's three - Replats, Violettes, then Droset. I suppose you could from Violettes you could ski Rhonaz then take Comborciere over into the 1600 bowl, or the new Pre St Esprit bubble, but I seem to recall that Rhonaz isn't always open?

Sorry, you are right, to get up from the car-park you need Replats as well.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks again everyone

I can just about ski the piste ,so ill leave the off piste to you experts if we go to Villaroger

la Rosière might be a good shout for a day trip or 2 , then as suggested leave Le Arc for the next ski trip .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will also be staying in Sainte Foy this coming season (maybe twice) and this seems like a great idea. Plus thinking of visiting La Rosiere & Tignes as well. No car for us so does anyone know if local taxis would be available to drop off in the mornings and then pick up again later ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Season Passes for 2024/25 now available at 20% discount (544 euro) on the Sainte Foy website if anyone is interested.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy