Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes- Walk From Chaudanne/Paquis Lift to Palafour ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good Morning,

Im looking at some accommodation that very close to the Chaudanne and Paquis lifts in Tignes (Le Lavachet area) , but each morning we shall need to get to the Palafour lift for Ski school. The accommodation owner has said we need to get the shuttle bus to Palafour, but it looks within walking distance from Google maps. Am I missing something ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’s a fair uphill trudge in the snow (obviously), much easier to get the bus. Feel free to walk it, but i guarantee the bus will pass you and you will regret you arent on it before vowing to get the bus tomorrow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your approx. distance (according to Google Maps) should be 650 m/12 minutes by foot.
I remember it is uphill in the morning (I always stayed in the main area)
If you add ski boots and equipment carriage it should definitely add to that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A much shorter walk would be up the side of the piste to the Lavachet drag lift, you can then ski down to the magic carpet to take you to t he Palafour
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
take paquis and ski down
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snow_badger, There is a bus stop on the road close to these lifts (the tunnel is under the road).

Buses are very frequent in the morning, and the app will tell you when its en route from Lavachet centre.

They will still need to walk up the stairs from the bus stop to the front of Maison de Tignes, but its nothing really.

If these are beginners or kids, the trudge up that hill is not going to go down well........................

Its a no brainer to get the bus.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snow_badger, Pretty much as @GreenDay, has said. Jump on the bus. They run very frequently at that time of day. Get off at the rear of the Maison de Tignes. You could enter the Maison via the lower rear doors and use the lift to get up to the snow front. And an added bonus of a last minute pee stop if needed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thank you all Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The buses run very frequently and it's only a few mins round to the area you want to be, the walk is a bit of a slog even without carrying gear and wearing ski boots. There's a nice bakery called La Griottine in Lavachet (depending exactly where in Lavachet you are staying if this is practical) with a bus stop a few steps away. Good place to grab some pre-ski snacks and stuff for your lunch before you head out skiing and have to pay mountain prices.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I stayed some where down there with children years ago and it was a difficult walk to the ski school meeting place. Definitely use the bus.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy